This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ABT fall season 2014October 22-November 2, 2014

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

She was the Czardas lead.  That kind of dancing had never been a big thrill for me until I saw her.  She was amazing.  So full of energy and passion.

#62 Dunham16

Dunham16

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

Not sure Raymonda is a big seller among all but insular ballet groupies. It is one thing to see Sergeyev at 38 dancing with Dudinskaya at 36 in filmed excerpts of the dream scene in Act I and the marriage divertissement which closes the ballet produced more than 65 years ago. It is quite another for general audiences to experience a tale of often slow moving medieval chivalry with a danseur who does not have too many appearances during the entire stage time to not that generally in the public domain Glazounov music. The excerpts and the full length ballet are more specialty pieces for a specific ballet audience.

#63 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

I just received a flyer in the mail. Isabella Boylston is not listed with the female principals, and there ia no picture of her. Why not?

#64 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

There is some additional casting info on the ABT website re the Fall performances, such as the women cast in Fancy Free and the casts for Thirteen Diversions. 

Hallberg's replacement for Raymonda Variations is  Hammoudi. mad.gif

#65 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Only for the 10/25 performance.  For the 10/28 show, their site still says TBA with Murphy (unless that one just hasn't been been updated yet.)

http://abt.org/calen...tdate=10/1/2014

#66 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

I think someone forgot to update the when they updated the calendar.  I'm assuming it will be Hammoudi   Maybe the same person who updates the calendar is also responsible for neglecting to put Boylston's name/photo in the promotional materials with the other principal dancers.  I would hate to think that incompetence was so prevalent.

#67 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

Only for the 10/25 performance.  For the 10/28 show, their site still says TBA with Murphy (unless that one just hasn't been been updated yet.)

The 10/28 performance info has been filled in. Hammoudi is cast w. Murphy in Raymonda.  I think people at ABT read this board.

#68 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

The 10/28 performance info has been filled in. Hammoudi is cast w. Murphy in Raymonda.  I think people at ABT read this board.

Oh well...

I was hopeful for a minute that someone else would have been given the chance (though for the Koch season, it would be slim pickings for this role.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):