mussel

Fall 2014 NY & CA Tours-News, Casting, Tickets

135 posts in this topic

I posted my impression of tonight's Giselle but on a separate thread I opened. I assume Helene will move it over here but for now it is there. It is less enthusiastic than Ilya.

Next...

THE FLAMES OF PARIS

Nov. 14, 7:30 pm Oksana Bondareva, Ivan Vasiliev, Irina Perren, Leonid Sarafanov
Nov. 15, 2:00 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Ivan Zaytsev, Ekaterina Borchenko, Victor Lebedev
Nov. 15, 8:00 pm Oksana Bondareva, Ivan Vasiliev, Irina Perren, Leonid Sarafanov
Nov. 16, 2:00 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Ivan Vasiliev, Irina Perren, Leonid Sarafanov

If I were in NYC, I wouldn't care how good "The Flames of Paris" is: I would rush to see those ballerinas.

The Flames of Paris

0L3B0019.JPG

Bondareva, Vasiliev

pp2_5.JPG

Vorontsova, Zaytsev

pp2_4.JPG

Vorontsova

pp2_3.JPG

Borchenko, Korypaev

0L3B9700.JPG

Borchenko, Shemiunov

0L3B1192%202.JPG

Vasiliev

0L3B5416.JPG

Vorontsova, Zaytsev, Borchenko

I think that to a large extent the financial success of the Mik's tour to NYC hinged on Osipova's participation. Her name sells lots of tickets. Who knows if the Royal Ballet would be willing to allow her to participate again in a future Mik tour. Frankly, I'm surprised they are allowing her to appear at ABT this Spring. The RB administration appears to be pretty lenient and flexible in this regard, at least at the current time.

Frankly, I'm surprised they are allowing her to appear at ABT this Spring.

I imagine it's all in her contract, and I doubt it's a standard issue one.

A reminder to post official news only: other forum posts are not official news.