147 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ismene Brown re-tweeted about today's report in Dancing Times that following the cancellation of the new Wayne McGregor "Rite of Spring," the original mixed bill will be replaced by "Jewels" during the London tour.

Also reported is that the new "Sleeping Beauty" that opened the Bolshoi Theatre will be performed, as well as "Swan Lake" (the opening ballet), "La Bayadere," and the closer, Ratmansky's "The Flames of Paris" with Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev.

Dancers expected to appear in London include Maria Alexandrova, Maria Allash, Nina Kaptsova, Anna Nikulina, Evgenia Obraztsova, Ekaterina Shipulina, Anastasia Stashkevich, Olga Smirnova, Semyon Chudin, David Hallberg, Mikhail Lobukhin, Viacheslav Lopatin, Artem Ovcharenko, Ruslan Skvortsov and Nikolai Tsiskaridze.

#2 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm soooo jealous. Wish I could go to London to see this engagement.

#3 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Cast lists have been announced: http://www.theartsde...ox-office-opens.

#4 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Some interesting things in that article...e.g., Hallberg's absence and the one performance by Osipova/Vasiliev (of Flames of Paris).

#5 trieste

trieste

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

So nice to see Smirnova on those lists! Truly envious of all who will be in London to see these performances.

Edit: Has Smirnova had a Swan Lake at home/before this?

#6 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

The Royal Opera House has posted extremely detailed casting lists for everything except Swan Lake, which I expect the webmasters simply haven't finished yet. No doubt a good chunk will be reshuffled by the time the season starts, but as noted there have been changes since the initial announcements in January:

The principal artists listed for London are (female) Maria Alexandrova, Maria Allash, Nina Kaptsova, [Kristina Kretova], [Ekaterina Krysanova], Svetlana Lunkina, Anna Nikulina, Evgenia Obraztsova, Natalia Osipova, Ekaterina Shipulina, Anastasia Stashkevich, Olga Smirnova, [Anna Tikhomirova] and Svetlana Zakharova; (male) Semyon Chudin, [Dmitry Gudanov], David Hallberg, [Vladislav Lantratov], Mikhail Lobukhin, Vyacheslav Lopatin, [Andrei Merkuriev], Artem Ovcharenko, Ruslan Skvortsov, Nikolai Tsiskaridze, Ivan Vasiliev and Alexander Volchkov.

The Osipova/Vasiliev Flames of Paris is close of sold out already.
http://www.roh.org.uk/about/bolshoi

Olga Smirnova has not done an Odette-Odile yet. She may yet make her debut in May before performing the part in London.

#7 trieste

trieste

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm dying to see how she'll fare in the second act. I'm not sure I've seen her in a role with such bombast as Odile (or with as much turning as that). I can't imagine her Odette as anything short of magical.

#8 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

This episode of "Ticket to the Bolshoi" begins with a story on the 60th anniversary of Marina Kondratieva's work at the theater. In it you can see a tiny bit of Smirnova rehearsing Odette, starting at about 7:21.

#9 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Flash flash! Cubanmiamiboy will be in London! Posted Image I planned my yearly European vacation this year around the Bolshoi appearances. I was originally going to go to Russia, but the London tour was too attractive to let go, so I'm in! I bought tickets already fo me and my mother. Swan Lake, 07/30 with Alexandrova/Skvortsov. Bayadere, 08/03 with Smirnova/Loparevich/Krisanova and 08/05 Sleeping Beauty with Kaptsova/Ovcharenko. Can't wait!!! Posted Image

#10 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

London will be enhanced by your presence.

#11 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

London will be enhanced by your presence.

Oh my...I need to print this and put in up hight in my apartment...Posted Image

Please...if anyone plan to be in London as well, let me know se maybe we can organize a little get-together post performance or something. That would be fun! Mashinka...I will send you a PM.

#12 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Cristian, remember that Carlos Acosta will be at the Coliseum at the same time.
http://www.sadlerswe...sical-Selection

#13 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Cristian, remember that Carlos Acosta will be at the Coliseum at the same time.
http://www.sadlerswe...sical-Selection

Hmmm...I will check that out too. Thanks for the update, volcanohunter! Posted Image

#14 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Olga Smirnova's Swan Lake debut is scheduled for May 16.
http://www.bolshoi.r...#20130516190000

#15 trieste

trieste

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wonderful news! I'm sure she'll do well and really hope someone gets clips online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):