This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

XIII International Ballet Festival Program

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

The Mariinsky's annual festival will be February 28 - March 10, 2013.

http://www.mariinsky...allet_fest_230/

#2 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks, Cygnet. Well, the first two nights' R&Js will be filmed for HD-DVD; hence, the same casting and Maestro Gergiev at the helm.

The big mystery remains the casting of the 3rd night - Don Q. We will know if Fateev is fully 'crocked' if he dares name one of the SSK to the role of Kitri. It should be Martynyuk or Evseeva, as Terioshkina remains out on maternity leave...but Martynyuk & Evseeva are usually 'hidden from international view' during festivals.

#3 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hi, Natalia. Are Alina Somova and Yana Selina also still out because of maternity leave ?

#4 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Lopatkina will try Titania? I can't see it personally ...

#5 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I think DQ will probably go to Novikova. She's got enough international renown and she did do the DVD a few years ago. Maybe they can convince Sarafanov to come dance with her on the Mariinsky stage again.

I think Skorik will do Bayadere, since she's been cast as that a lot recently (godspeed Vadim Muntagirov).

#6 Tara

Tara

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Me neither!

She has beyond beautiful technique but has a too reserved approach for my taste... more often than not anyway.

#7 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Me neither!

She has beyond beautiful technique but has a too reserved approach for my taste... more often than not anyway.

I agree. Titania isn't "her;" but one never knows. I think Uliana would excel in the Act 2 pdd, as she does in Diamonds, but only with Korsuntsev. They both suit her temperament.

#8 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Why not Lopatkina? Farrell danced Titania and was very 'ice maidenish' in her delivery. Ditto Calegari. Lopatkina would be perfect as Titania, with a tall partner in the big adagio with lifts (fairies lair).

#9 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Patricia Barker was PNB's unofficial etoile, and quite a blonde ice maiden. She danced Titania very beautifully:

https://www.youtube....h?v=oJgTjGRNENo

Lopatkina will be fine

#10 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Svetlana Zakhavora

"Giselle"

**** Her Performance Tonight Was Possibly The Best Performance That I've Ever Seen ****

#11 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

According to the Mariinsky twitter page, Big Red Kondorova will be dancing lead roles in each section of Jewels tonight. Soooo jealous! Hope we can find some Youtube clips at least.

#12 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

According to the Mariinsky twitter page, Big Red Kondorova will be dancing lead roles in each section of Jewels tonight. Soooo jealous! Hope we can find some Youtube clips at least.

Wow. Would enjoy seeing that. Hopefully the sneaky camera operators are out in full force.

#13 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

She was Incredible !

I really wish that I could tell you more about this amazing Festival season, but I just don't have the time at present.

#14 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Well...we can watch her bow for all three ballets. Looks like Yulia Stepanova was the tall girl in Rubies.

#15 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yes, she was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):