• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 4mrdncr

4mrdncr

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

What a weird thread, and weird memories. I was a CNTV student at USC then, and both "Charlie's Angels" and "Remmington Steele" were filmed on the campus a few times, so I remember seeing glimpses of some of the angels (must have been Season 2 or 3,Fawcett had left already) and Pierce Brosnan, Stephanie Zimbalist, et.al., between walking to/from classes. (During one shoot, "RS" blew up our Financial Aid building --it was slated to be demolished to make way for a new student union--that was exciting. I was hoping all the records were lost too, and now college would be free). At that time, though, I was more interested in talking to the DP and crews than the 'stars'--who were mere "eye candy". I remember being surprised that Mr. Brosnan wasn't that tall, but had a very straight back and excellent posture, so he looked good in a tux. BTW: I think he has attended and supported ballet (ABT for sure)in the past. (Don't know if so now.) And for that, I'm grateful. (See, I'm trying to drag the topic back to ballet somehow.)

BTW: A slightly more 'highbrow' show ,"Paper Chase", was filmed on campus too. I'm in the opening title sequence because I walked into the shot (exiting the Doheney Library) thinking it was a student film since they were shooting 16mm.

The state of commercial television in those days was one of the reasons I decided to work in Public television, not Hollywood. (The other reason, and the only one that has not changed, is because PBS was the only network doing dance/ballet productions.)

#32 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,040 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

Because you demanded it (OK, maybe not):

Don't know how I feel about the Angels being reformed criminals!

I think that's a rather dubious twist myself but we'll see. Wonder which is supposed to be the brainy one....

#33 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

Because you demanded it (OK, maybe not):

Don't know how I feel about the Angels being reformed criminals!

I think that's a rather dubious twist myself but we'll see. Wonder which is supposed to be the brainy one....

Maybe it's the character named Kate (in homage to the true leader of the Townsend Detective Agency between 1976-79.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):