• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

FOUR Ts - The big revelation here, compared to the NYC cast that I saw, is Cuban sensation Taras Domitro's Melancholic, not least due to his gorgeous flexible back. Better yet, Domitro is a mesmerizing performer!

I know...His exiting in cambré is to die for. I haven't seen such flexibility in a male dancer for a while-(maybe Jeremy Cox here, but not with such an airy big jump as Domitro). :clapping: (I really hope to have him around here to dance with mom's Company, CCBM, anytime soon.

#17 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Oops, I forgot to mention that Benjamin Stewart is one of a pair of identical twins at SFB -- his brother Matthew was here first, they're both jazz fiends and dance similarly in many ways, and of course they're REALLY hard to tell apart --

It was (mostly) Matthew I was describing.

Thanks for the descriptions, Paul. Between your writings and my scribblings in the playbill, I am now pretty certain that the two featured men in the brief male pdd were the tall, dark-haired Martyn Garside (in rust-colored unitard) and the shorter, light-brown haired Benjamin Stewart (green unitard). The guy-in-green among the corps men was the shortest & 'chunkiest' of the four and, as you say, has cute face & jazzy moves...almost Farouk-Ruzimatov-like flexibility but without Farouk's wiry body.

I now remember the very tall, caramel-complexioned Spaulding from the earlier FOUR Ts, where he did a great job as 3rd Theme, partnering Nutnaree Pipit-Suksun. Spaulding did not dance the male pdd in GOLDEN HOUR.

The 4th guy in the quartet -- Garen Scribner, by elimination -- was more svelte than guy-in-green Stewart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):