This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT contract negotiations

From Facebook:

American Ballet Theatre, its artists, and its administration are delighted to announce a tentative agreement with the American Guild of Musical Artists, representative of its artists, indicative of a new chapter in artist support and excellence.
Susan Jaffe, Artistic Director, stated, "This agreement is a testament to our shared commitment to the art of ballet and to each other. It represents a significant investment in our artists and sets a new standard for support and recognition in our company."
The agreement, arrived at after months of negotiations in a challenging economic environment, ensures improved remuneration and working conditions, in line with ABT's dedication to its artists.
Jaffe added, "As we celebrate this momentous achievement, we look forward to continuing to push the boundaries of artistic expression and inspire audiences around the world."
428518468_945491000270440_65194614295422

427866801_945491010270439_46088150180607

All reactions:

21 hours ago, California said:

From Facebook:

American Ballet Theatre, its artists, and its administration are delighted to announce a tentative agreement with the American Guild of Musical Artists, representative of its artists, indicative of a new chapter in artist support and excellence.
Susan Jaffe, Artistic Director, stated, "This agreement is a testament to our shared commitment to the art of ballet and to each other. It represents a significant investment in our artists and sets a new standard for support and recognition in our company."
The agreement, arrived at after months of negotiations in a challenging economic environment, ensures improved remuneration and working conditions, in line with ABT's dedication to its artists.
Jaffe added, "As we celebrate this momentous achievement, we look forward to continuing to push the boundaries of artistic expression and inspire audiences around the world."
428518468_945491000270440_65194614295422

427866801_945491010270439_46088150180607

All reactions:

So, hopefully there will finally be promotions announced soon?

This is (I suspect) tangential to the contract negotiation topic, but does anyone know what’s going on with Zimmi Coker? I follow a lot of the ABT dancers on IG and noticed hers was pretty silent during the Nutcracker Segerstrom run this past December. I also kept up a bit with casting at the time and was surprised not to see her pop up in her usual roles (Party Scene dolls, Chinese, Sisters, Flowers, etc). Most of the dancers have been posting about the KC Swan Lake run, classes, rehearsals, etc. since the top of the year. Nothing on socials from her except for a few IG Stories about the labor negotiations and potential strike prior to the agreement being reached a couple days ago. She’s one of my faves! 

8 hours ago, Caballetfan said:

This is (I suspect) tangential to the contract negotiation topic, but does anyone know what’s going on with Zimmi Coker? I follow a lot of the ABT dancers on IG and noticed hers was pretty silent during the Nutcracker Segerstrom run this past December. I also kept up a bit with casting at the time and was surprised not to see her pop up in her usual roles (Party Scene dolls, Chinese, Sisters, Flowers, etc). Most of the dancers have been posting about the KC Swan Lake run, classes, rehearsals, etc. since the top of the year. Nothing on socials from her except for a few IG Stories about the labor negotiations and potential strike prior to the agreement being reached a couple days ago. She’s one of my faves! 

Yesterday I saw this comment by Coker on one of Fang’s IG posts and she seems to be recovering from a foot injury. See the other comment to Coker.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2VDxLEgTvp/?igsh=ajJzcHZxeTNsZXR2