This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Question about seats at David Koch Theater

At the present time I'm planning a trip to NYC for next January and I'm also thinking of attending a performance at David Koch Teater.

From what I can see at the NYCB website, the price for the last rows of Orchestra (R, S, T, U and V) is USD 110, which is what I intend to spend. Any opinions about those rows? Is there a good slope, so people sitted in the previous rows won't obstruct your view? Is that too far from the scenery? For that price would you rather choose a central seat in the second ring?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Edited by eduardo
Edited for typo

I have sat in the rear orchestra many times and find them very good seats. The slope is not as good as it could be, but the seats are staggered somewhat row to row, so that you should be looking between the two people right in front of you, not staring at the back of someone's head. I have never sat in the second ring, so I can't compare the two, but rear orchestra is good.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, eduardo said:

At the present time I'm planning a trip to NYC for next January and I'm also thinking of attending a performance at David Koch Teater.

From what I can see at the NYCB website, the price for the last rows of Orchestra (R, S, T, U and V) is USD 110, which is what I intend to spend. Any opinions about those rows? Is there a good slope, so people sitted in the previous rows won't obstruct your view? Is that too far from the scenery? For that price would you rather choose a central seat in the second ring?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I have had a bad experience in these seats, orchestra S, T, U and V. Maybe the people in front of me were tall, or had long torsos, but I could not see a thing, not even the floor of the stage. I agree that row R is fine if no one is sitting in front of you. Plenty of leg room, just watch out for people walking in the aisle. In STU and V I found the sight lines so bad that I ended up standing near the side doors in the orchestra. Wear flat shoes.

I love sitting in the first and second ring. There's more of a slope and no such problems.

Edited by BalanchineFan
5 hours ago, BalanchineFan said:

I have had a bad experience in these seats, orchestra S, T, U and V. Maybe the people in front of me were tall, or had long torsos, but I could not see a thing, not even the floor of the stage. I agree that row R is fine if no one is sitting in front of you. Plenty of leg room, just watch out for people walking in the aisle. In STU and V I found the sight lines so bad that I ended up standing near the side doors in the orchestra. Wear flat shoes.

I love sitting in the first and second ring. There's more of a slope and no such problems.

Thank you, BalanchineFan. Most times I chose seats in the second ring (and occasionally the first) for the same reasons you mentioned: good slope, unobstructed view. This time I felt like trying something different, so I purchased a seat in row R. We'll see (either the dancers or someone's head).