This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

No vaccine, no show

The Vienna State Opera is eliminating the booster and PCR test requirement as of February 5th. However, since full vaccination status is valid for six months after the second dose, a booster will be required for all intents and purposes. Also, full immunization with the J&J vaccine now requires two doses. People who have recovered from Covid also have access for six months. People who cannot be vaccinated must provide a medical certificate and a negative PCR test.

https://www.wiener-staatsoper.at/en/service/ticket-sales/covid-19-information-from-february-5/ 

On 1/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, uptowner said:

It looks like someone can request a medical or religious exemption in advance to go to the Koch (State) theater https://www.davidhkochtheater.com/plan-your-visit/your-safety/ but I wouldn’t assume this is generally granted. In NY medical exemptions are allowed but religious exemptions are not permitted in many settings (for example in 2019 religious exemption was removed from school vaccine requirements following a measles outbreak, and hospital employees cannot have religious exemptions to vaccines including against Covid.) 

My hospital accepts religious exceptions against COVID, so I got it. Don't know how widely accepted that paper is, but I'm certainly taking it with me everywhere. 

The Kennedy Center announced this morning that vaccinations will no longer be required as of May 15. This means that a vaccination will not be required to attend the New York City Ballet performances in June.

Edited by YouOverThere

On the other hand, over the first weekend in December, I attended three performances of "The Nutcracker" by our local, excellent school, Ballet Chicago, where neither I nor hardly anyone else was masked, and a few days later I came down with what I'm happy to be able to call "short COVID" - a week or ten days later, feeling much better, I had a couple of negative antigen tests and got back to my life (with regrets at missing BC's last performance, on the second weekend, usually having one of their strongest casts)  -  so that I can't be so sanguine as my friend Cristian.  I don't fault BC for not requiring masks - I think that was consistent with CDC guidelines at the time - but this may not be over 'til it's over, and I wish all my friends, in this community especially, to take due care.