This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Boston Ballet 2019-20 season

California

19 hours ago, Syzygy said:

I'm genuinely curious to see how this corps contract at BB suits Joy Womack in comparison to her previous positions. Polarizing personality aside, she's talented and I wish her all the best. But what I'd give to understand the reasoning... 

Hey, a job is a job. At least she joined as a full company member, rather than apprentice or in the junior company (BB II). She has other highly-decorated competition winners as fellow corps members.

5 hours ago, Roberta said:

Hey, a job is a job. At least she joined as a full company member, rather than apprentice or in the junior company (BB II). She has other highly-decorated competition winners as fellow corps members.

100%. It's just not the typical path, which is why the reasoning may be notable. 

36 minutes ago, stuben said:

Seems Waski might be dancing her Myrtha with Boston after her injury that took her out at ABT? I could be wrong since there is no music to this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1cBHmojPWw/?igshid=9u2imdutk0vs
Would love to hear about her debut should anyone from BA attend.

I'm planning to attend if the Giselle is Kapitonova.  I don't know who the other Giselles would be, but there are a few dancers I would avoid.  I think BB doesn't usually publish casting until the week before.

1 hour ago, Marta said:

I'm planning to attend if the Giselle is Kapitonova.  I don't know who the other Giselles would be, but there are a few dancers I would avoid.  I think BB doesn't usually publish casting until the week before.

Seems late for posting casting but then again I’m used to NY companies posting earlier, then of course their changes too! Thank you Marta and let’s hope you’ll get your wish to see your dancer 😊