This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New apprentices

A huge congratulations to the new apprentices!! I'm thrilled for all seven of them!! Still, awfully shocked not to see Erica Pereira's name among them... Perhaps she received another offer elsewhere that was too good to refuse... There is no doubt in my mind, after seeing the Workshop perfs, that Erica could dance anywhere and be a bright star!

Depending on the numbers they need, they often hold a younger dancer or two back for another year at the school, and those dancers get to the company during Nut season instead of Saratoga -- as with Jennelle Manzi and perhaps some others this year, who didn't become apprenticed (if they ever did) until December of January, but who are now in the company. If the dancers are young enough for another SAB year, apprenticeship after the workshop is not the last word. Apprenticeships now mean how many do they need for Saratoga, who has employment elsewhere, and who comes back to SAB in the Fall.

A huge congratulations to the new apprentices!! I'm thrilled for all seven of them!! Still, awfully shocked not to see Erica Pereira's name among them... Perhaps she received another offer elsewhere that was too good to refuse... There is no doubt in my mind, after seeing the Workshop perfs, that Erica could dance anywhere and be a bright star!

I couldnt agree with you more Erica Pereira's performance was wounderful. I think she did a remarkable JOB!!! I was also surprised she was not asked to become one of the new apprentices

BSS

Roddy Doble, who was relatively new to the school in March, was very impressive at the Choreographer's Workshop in the James Sewell piece.

He wasn't listed among the dancers at the SAB Workshop rehearsal.

He was listed as one of the "Five Tumpeters" in yesterday afternoon's ABT Sylvia.

Anyone know if he has joined ABT? or ABT II?

[Admin Beanie On]

You may notice that this thread has gotten shorter. The reason is that it concerns the current whereabouts of students which haven't been made public through an official news source. I couldn't find any articles with profiles or listings of workshop performances, and the Alumni Directory at SAB is limited to SAB alumni.

We know that there are a number of Ballet Talkers who do know who is studying where, based on personal knowledge. Unfortunately, insider information isn't permitted on the board.

Many company websites publish information that is accurate at the time it is posted, but may not be updated as things change. A recent example of this was the SAB newsletter, contents reported here by drb, which listed Jeffrey Stanton's recent promotion to Principal Dancer at PNB, which happened in 1996.

If there is something that is posted to an official company site that is being discussed actively and that you know to be outdated and there is no official announcement, please contact someone on the Admin team through the My Assistant link at the top right of the page, or if you don't yet have PM or board email access, through the Contact Us link.

[Admin Beanie Off]

I agree. She is wonderful. Jim