This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

05-06 Janice Levin Dancer: Sterling Hyltin

Does Sterling Hyltin remind anyone - besides me - of Darci Kistler?

Does she look like her, emote like her,

have PM.'s backward glance at her? Don't tell me she can

actually dance like Ms Kistler. No, she does not remind me of Darci Kistler,

and it is very possible Ms Kistler might question that assumption too.

It is also possible that Kistler might not question that opinion, which was not presented as an assumption.

Ballet Talk is a discussion board, and we foster an environment where posters can discuss their opinions openly and be treated with respect. We encourage people to post their own opinion, whether they agree or disagree, in "I" terms.

STERLING IS SUCH A SPECIAL DANCER!!!!!!

Sterling truly has such a special quality in every step that she takes on stage. I think that her gorgeous personality shines through her movement as artistry. It is definatley a very similar quality that resembles Darci. However, Sterling is a new beautiful artist that Peter should feel so lucky to have:) :blush: :)

Oberon, the only similarities I see between Sterling and Darci are the blond hair and long legs. But otherwise, I see nothing similar in their appearances, techniques or personalities.

Thank you for chiming in, tx2182. Glad you've joined BalletTalk (where Sterling has several admirers). I look forward to this delightful dancers' growth over the course of a good, long career.

Please visit our Welcome Page, tx, and introduce yourself!

Sterling Hyltin is featured in Playbill:

http://www.playbillarts.com/features/article/3809.html

She has been influenced by Darci Kistler:

'At one performance, Ms. Hyltin was particularly inspired by Darci Kistler's dancing. Then, to top it off, the youngster attended a class taught by Ms. Kistler the very next day. "She's really elated when she dances," Ms. Hyltin says of the principal dancer. "And that enthusiasm carries over into class and reaches the students."'

Regarding her dancing, she says that

.... what she loves about dancing: "I like to be light, but also sharp with my feet. Light, but sharp."