This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tatiana Terekhova

silvy

Does anyone know what Terekhova is doing nowadays? I have run a search on yahoo, and did not came up with much.

Though Terekhova is not my favourite dancer (in the sense that she appeals to my soul the way, say, Carla Fracci does), I regard her as an example in technique, style and coordination - textbook flawless technique - a great model to learn from.

Here is the Terekhova article posted on August 23 by Ari:

An article in the Miami Herald about a school run by Vladimir Issaev that teaches the Vaganova style.

On hand to teach the students choreography from Sleeping Beauty this summer was Madame Tatiana Terekhova, a former prima ballerina with the Kirov Ballet in St. Petersburg.

''These children are lucky,'' Issaev says. ''She is a star for me. It's very good for kids to learn the Russian style. The Russian style is discipline,'' Issaev said.

In her 20-year career, Terekhova has danced every major role in the ballet including the Princess Aurora and the Lilac Fairy. ''I try to teach them what I know,'' says Terekhova with a laugh, "but I know too much.''

Terekhova says summer school students, who dance from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. for a month, improve more. "When children don't go to school, their minds are free. There is focus on ballet.''

Terekhova had high expectations in a recent morning technique class. She became frustrated when her students fell off their toes too many times to successfully complete a waltz combination across the floor.

Terekhova's limited English isn't an impediment in communicating her corrections. ''Girls, never show your butt to the audience, never,'' she says over the twinkling piano music.

Terekhova's limited English isn't an impediment in communicating her corrections. ''Girls, never show your butt to the audience, never,'' she says over the twinkling piano music.

That doesn't sound like limited English to me. How much more do you need? :devil: