Sign in to follow this  
miliosr

2018-19 Season

On 2/4/2018 at 7:52 AM, Ashton Fan said:

May I ask is a petition likely to have any effect ?

I wish! but I doubt it could make the changes necessary to save ballet in France come to reality. (that is to fire from the Minister of culture to Lissner and Dupont and everyone in between)

12 hours ago, Gnossie said:

And if there's something I want is to see Nureyev's works exterminated from POB, one of the biggest tumors of the company is still being attached to that man's disgusting work instead of recovering its true heritage, get rid off it already! I can only feel happy for the UK audience for not having to suffer his "work". 

I'm not the biggest fan of some of Nureyev's re-workings myself but in theory the only piece by him in the RB rep is the third act of Raymonda and it is superb, I think it is highly unlikely to be revived this year as I've some insider knowledge of this autumn's programmes, but his London productions were all good, particularly Bayadere act III, with a beautiful alternative final tableau. 

5 hours ago, Mashinka said:

I'm not the biggest fan of some of Nureyev's re-workings myself but in theory the only piece by him in the RB rep is the third act of Raymonda and it is superb, I think it is highly unlikely to be revived this year as I've some insider knowledge of this autumn's programmes, but his London productions were all good, particularly Bayadere act III, with a beautiful alternative final tableau. 

I think what Nureyev brought from what he learnt from his time at Kirov is just fine, it's his own additions and reworked of choreographical aspects which are debatable... The third act of Raymonda is indeed beautiful, Bayadère as well and it's his most achieved ballet IMO... Swan Lake has some issues, Romeo and Juliet and Cinderella, well.... Staging is often questioned but the choreography is really unrealistic...

6 hours ago, silvermash said:

I think what Nureyev brought from what he learnt from his time at Kirov is just fine, it's his own additions and reworked of choreographical aspects which are debatable... The third act of Raymonda is indeed beautiful, Bayadère as well and it's his most achieved ballet IMO... Swan Lake has some issues, Romeo and Juliet and Cinderella, well.... Staging is often questioned but the choreography is really unrealistic...

I have heard although not seen personally Nureyev choreography and the thing that stuck with me was a performer saying he felt it was almost "hard for the sake of being hard". I can't help  but wonder if the prodigy type talent Nureyev had made certain technical ablilities seem more attainable than they really are for even the most accomplished of dancers and that is why his stagings are known to be "so hard".

Posted (edited)

Eleonore Guérineau, -the incredible soloist who was never given the opportunities she deserved and who dazzled in the recent concours but wasn't promoted- has announced on her Instagram account that is leaving POB to join the Zürich Ballett.

Edited by Gnossie

Sign in to follow this