This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

SFB 2015 Promotions and new members

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 apollosmuse

apollosmuse

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

Perhaps opposite to the point of this thread, but Mathilde Froustey writes on her blog that Pascal Molat will be retiring in the spring with a performance of Romeo and Juliet: http://mathildefrous...s-et-des-tutus/.

#32 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

Perhaps opposite to the point of this thread, but Mathilde Froustey writes on her blog that Pascal Molat will be retiring in the spring with a performance of Romeo and Juliet: http://mathildefrous...s-et-des-tutus/.

The male principal rank has taken a lot of hits the last few seasons.  I hope this opens the way for at least one promotion from within, instead of bringing in more outsiders.

#33 Josette

Josette

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

Thanks, Apollosmuse for letting us know about this being Pascal Molat's last season.  He is a wonderful Mercutio.   Also, I didn't know that Mlle Froustey had a blog.  I enjoyed reading about her working with Makarova on La Bayadere, Kingdom of Shades.

#34 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Joseph Walsh is now listed as a principal.

#35 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

Quite right too.  The guy - this danseur -  is STUNNING!!!

#36 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

Quite right too.  The guy - this danseur -  is STUNNING!!!

Some clips of Walsh from the Houston Ballet.  The clips are very brief, but enough to leave me wanting to see more.

Theme and Variations

Les Patineurs

Ballo della Regina

#37 Josette

Josette

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for posting the clips, PeggyR. He's a wonderful dancer!

#38 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

He was my student years ago!

#39 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,464 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

You must be proud:  he's a lovely dancer.

#40 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Haven't seen him dance for years...

#41 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Another promotion:  Both Odette’s Ordeal and former SFB corp dancer Madison Keesler are tweeting that Koto Ishihara has been promoted to soloist.  Unfortunately, the SFB website has been down all day (actually, nothing much is working around here; major rain storm, with some flooding and power outages:  big mess, but at least it's water, which we haven't seen much in the last three years!), so no official news yet.

I like Ishihara a lot; she can display some youthful awkwardness occasionally, but she has lovely arms and upper body and good technique (a couple of seasons ago I saw her take a fall at the end of her Suite en Blanc variation, but she recovered like a pro; probably anyone unfamiliar with the choreography wouldn’t have known there was a problem).

Congratulations to Koto. flowers.gif

#42 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

Another promotion:  Both Odette’s Ordeal and former SFB corp dancer Madison Keesler are tweeting that Koto Ishihara has been promoted to soloist.  Unfortunately, the SFB website has been down all day ... so no official news yet.

Koto Ishihara’s bio has been moved to the soloist page, so it's now official.

Also noted:  Rubén Martín Cintas is now listed as a ‘Principal Character’ (by which I assume they mean he’s a character dancer, not an odd person).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):