• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#136 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Thanks... That makes sense... I must have misread. Maybe The VIPs accounted for the nerves? Maybe it was just a case of the "Good Dress, bad show..." cliché.

#137 yudi

yudi

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

I'm wondering if Askerov was Kondaurova's choice for that all-important cinemas performance (potentially a DVD in which to be immortalized)? Her usual Siegfried or Solor is Ivanchenko who, for all of his faults, at least is a solid partner.

[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In the OFFICIAL TRAILER of Swan Lake 3D - Live from the Mariinsky Theatre - 06 June 2013, Kondaurova's Siegfried IS Ivanchenko. [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]https://www.youtube....h?v=ricuPmpF544[/font][/size]

Kondaurova and Ivanchenko are also the dancers on the photo to preview 3D screening of Swan Lake.
http://londondance.c....fitandcrop.jpg

Mariinsky or the movie maker probably replaced the Siegfried not very long before the Live Broadcasting. Well, that is all bout THE business.
Posted Image

#138 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

I'm wondering if Askerov was Kondaurova's choice for that all-important cinemas performance (potentially a DVD in which to be immortalized)? Her usual Siegfried or Solor is Ivanchenko who, for all of his faults, at least is a solid partner.

[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In the OFFICIAL TRAILER of Swan Lake 3D - Live from the Mariinsky Theatre - 06 June 2013, Kondaurova's Siegfried IS Ivanchenko. [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]https://www.youtube....h?v=ricuPmpF544[/font][/size]

Kondaurova and Ivanchenko are also the dancers on the photo to preview 3D screening of Swan Lake.
http://londondance.c....fitandcrop.jpg

Mariinsky or the movie maker probably replaced the Siegfried not very long before the Live Broadcasting. Well, that is all bout THE business.
Posted Image

Yes, the website originally listed Ivanchenko in the cast. Askerov replaced him at some point on the cast listing of the web site, but they had already released the video promo. I actually think Ivanchenko partners better than Askerov, and I think he also has actual Vaganova style, so that tips the scale in his favor, in my own personal opinion, although I understand why people are not necessarily fans of Ivanchenko. He does seem very calm, like the anti-thesis of someone like Ivan Vasiliev (who goes for broke). In that respect Askerov might be a little more youthful and vigorous in some of the moves, but to me he seems like a dancer from another company guesting.

#139 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Did the web site originally list Ivanchenko? We sort of assumed he would be in the film because of the trailer, but when the Mariinsky finally posted casting three weeks before broadcast it was with Askerov as Siegfried, and the decision to pair him with Kondaurova may have been made some time earlier than that. Even with adequate rehearsal time the fact remains that Askerov is a young dancer, five years out of school. My guess would be that when the producers considered what giant 3D close-ups would look like, they figured that Ivanchenko would look too mature for a prince officially coming of age and decided to go with Askerov, who is, after all, young, tall, good-looking and photogenic.

#140 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I could have sworn they listed him or listed him on the Playbill (you know how they say "Featuring Uliana Lopatkina" or "Uliana Lopatkina in the ballet...." before they put the actual casting up). I could have sworn he was listed in some way (either in the cast list or above the ballet's title "featuring Kondaurova and Ivanchenko"). I think I remember checking the site when the video came out to see if he was indeed cast or just in a promo video.

#141 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I looked up Mr Ivanchenko on the Mariinsky website today and he is still not scheduled for any June performances. So I assume he has an injury.

#142 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ivanchenko danced June 2nd in Swan Lake and June 4th in Carmen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):