Dancing with the StarsSeason 8
Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:06 AM
01 Belinda Carlisle (pop singer)
02 David Alan Grier (comedian)
03 Jewel (pop singer/girlfriend of contestant # 7)
04 Shawn Johnson (gymnast)
05 Lil' Kim (rapper)
06 Gilles Marini (actor)
07 Ty Murray (rodeo champion/boyfriend of contestant # 3)
08 Nancy O'Dell (Access Hollywood host)
09 Denise Richards (actress/reality TV star/homewrecker)
10 Steve-O (reality TV star)
11 Lawrence Taylor (NFL great)
12 Chuck Wicks (country singer/Julianne Hough's boyfriend)
13 Steve Wozniak (Apple co-founder)
Prediction: Contestants 6, 8 and 13 will likely be the first to go.
This looks like it will be a rerun of Kristi Yamaguchi's season. Given her fan base, if Shawn Johnson can put one foot in front of the other, she should have this in the bag.
Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:30 AM
24pts Gilles Marini/Cheryl Burke
23pts Shawn Johnson/Mark Ballas
23pts Melissa ? (from The Bachelor)/Tony Dovalani
21pts Lil' Kim/Derek Hough
20pts David Alan Grier/Kym Johnson
20pts Chuck Wicks/Julianne Hough
18pts Holly Madison/Dmitry ? (didn't catch his last name)
18pts Denise Richards/Maksim Chermkovsky
17pts Belinda Carlisle/Jonathan Roberts
17pts Steve-O/Lacey Schwimmer
16pts Lawrence Taylor/Edyta Sliwinska
14pts Ty Murray/Chelsie Hightower
13pts Steve Wozniak/Karina Smirnoff
1) I said that Shawn Johnson would have this in the bag provided she could put one foot in front of the other . . . and then she tripped coming down the stairs during the opening segment! Her fan base should carry her through for a good, long while but the arrival of Melissa (jilted contestant on The Bachelor) as a replacement may pose some serious competition. (She can dance and she is the "wronged woman" from The Bachelor.)
2) Cheryl Burke looks energized again after several seasons of what looked like winner's hangover.
3) Lil' Kim making a shout-out to the "Federal Detention Center" certainly was novel for this show.
4) Denise Richards is every bit as tiresome as I thought she would be.
Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:25 PM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:16 AM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:53 PM
Melissa from the waist up was pretty good. From the waist down, she was shaky and the connection in hold was really non-existent which caused a number of problems. Like Holly Madison, the choreography tailed off at the end which I'm sure was due to lack of time to really develop the choreography and practice.
For two days, it was a great effort, but I always get concerned for Tony's students since they rarely ever seem to progress very much.
Cheryl does look much improved. It looks like she's taken some time to heal some injuries, and return to working on her technique.
Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:44 AM
01 27pts Gilles/Cheryl
02 26pts Melissa/Tony
03 24pts Shawn/Mark
04 23pts Lil' Kim/Derek
05 21pts Denise/Maks
06 20pts Ty/Chelsie
06 20pts Lawrence/Edyta
06 20pts Chuck/Julianne
09 18pts Belinda/Jonathan
09 18pts Holly/Dmitry
11 17pts David/Kym
11 17pts Steve/Karina
13 14pts Steve-O/Lacey
Combined point totals -- Weeks 1 & 2:
01 51pts Gilles/Cheryl
02 49pts Melissa/Tony
03 47pts Shawn/Mark
04 44pts Lil' Kim/Derek
05 40pts Chuck/Julianne
06 39pts Denise/Maks
07 37pts David/Kym
08 36pts Holly/Dmitry
08 36pts Lawrence/Edyta
10 35pts Belinda/Jonathan
11 34pts Ty/Chelsie
12 31pts Steve-O/Lacey
13 30pts Steve/Karina
1) If they are Christians, Cheryl and Tony must be crossing themselves to have God deliver Gilles and Melissa in their laps. Tony looks the happiest we have seen him since he partnered Stacey in Season 2 and Cheryl has that "go in for the kill" look she gets on her face when she knows she has a potential champion on her hands (like she did with Drew in Season 2 and Emmitt in Season 3.)
2) Chuck can go tonight thanks to his "dancing is so feminine" remarks but I suspect it will be someone like Belinda or David -- middle-of-the-packers with no discernible fan bases.
Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:15 AM
Belinda was a reasonable elimination given the following:
1) Slow, clunky dancing,
2) Looked like she wanted to be elsewhere, and
3) Suspect fan base (don't know how many hardcore Go-Go's fans there are out there.)
I don't know that I understand the dance-off as utilized. Theoretically, it should be a means for the judges to save deserving celebrities who may not have large, preexisting fan bases (i.e. Albert, Paulina and even Sabrina.) But if the new judges scores only count for 1/2 (w/ the prior viewer votes counting for the other 1/2), then it still really does come down to the viewer vote.
Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:02 PM
01 27pts Gilles/Cheryl (samba)
01 27pts Melissa/Tony (foxtrot)
01 27pts Shawn/Mark (foxtrot)
04 25pts Lil' Kim/Derek (samba)
05 24pts David/Kym (foxtrot)
06 23pts Chuck/Julianne (foxtrot)
06 23pts Ty/Chelsie (foxtrot)
08 20pts Lawrence/Edyta (samba)
09 17pts Holly/Dmitry (samba)
10 16pts Denise/Maks (samba)
11 15pts Steve-O/Lacey (foxtrot)
12 10pts Steve/Karina (samba)
Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:44 AM
Gilles/Cheryl (samba) -- That was one *hot* samba -- best dance of the night
Melissa/Tony (foxtrot) -- beautiful, but the choreography was too simple, basic ,
giving them no chance against the very flashy and unusual samba number.
Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:23 AM
Steve deserved to go (he really was that bad on Monday night) but Denise was the next best option. She looked like she was on the verge of nervous collapse every time she danced and her dancing was of a poor quality. Also, unlike Steve, she has a large "anti" fan base (due to her tabloid-worthy divorce from Charlie Sheen, her ill-advised reality TV program on E! and her "homewrecking" antics with Heather Locklear's husband) that would have finished her off soon enough anyway.
Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:07 PM
01 30pts Gilles/Cheryl (Argentine Tango)
02 29pts Melissa/Tony (Lindy Hop)
03 27pts Lil' Kim/Derek (Argentine Tango)
04 25pts Shawn/Mark (Lindy Hop)
04 25pts Ty/Chelsie (Lindy Hop)
06 22pts David/Kym (Lindy Hop)
06 22pts Chuck/Julianne (Lindy Hop)
08 19pts Lawrence/Edyta (Argentine Tango)
09 16pts Holly/Dmitry (Argentine Tango)
10 15pts Steve-O/Lacey (Lindy Hop)
11 12pts Steve/Karina (Argentine Tango)
Gilles and Cheryl's Argentine Tango killed (and it was danced to the tango from Mr. and Mrs. Smith!)
Agreed w/ the judges about Shawn and Mark's Lindy Hop. Too many tricks and at times it looked more like a cheerleading routine than a Lindy Hop. I know what Carrie Ann was trying to say when she said Shawn's dancing was "heavy" but I wish she had used a word other than "heavy".
Double elimination tomorrow night!
Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:47 PM
Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:02 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users
Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases: