36 replies to this topic

#31 Haglund's

Haglund's

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Gene Schiavone has created a lovely album on his website to celebrate Jennifer Alexander's artistry.

#32 vipa

vipa

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

I just want to offer my condolences to Jennifer's husband, family and all who knew her. For ballet fans like myself, who were not fortunate enough to meet her, I can only say that she was a pleasure to watch on the stage. Dancers and people like Jennifer add real depth and life to a ballet company.

What a wonderful tribute Susan Jones added to The Winger site.

#33 4mrdncr

4mrdncr

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

Dear homesteadlite
Thank you for your kind words to all of us who feel but cannot express. I am posting again to say that I too lost a brother, suddenly, and at the time there was an organization--which ironically was just promoted in a recent "Dear Abby" column--called "Compassionate Friends". It was originally created for parents who had lost a child in whatever manner, but there was a section for siblings as well. It was good to talk to people in a similar circumstance at the time. I hope they or others' concern may comfort you, your family, Julio and his family, and all touched by your sister.
With deepest sympathy,
4mrdncr

#34 printscess

printscess

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:36 PM

Dear Homesteadlite,

Your sister was a kind and gentle woman.

During December 2001, my son was 12 and on tour with SAB for the Nutcracker. I was the necessary tag-along mother. Your sister was one of the first to welcome me to the tour and took time out to talk to me and my son. It was a pleasure getting to know her on the tour. I remember thinking how surprised it was that she went from Broadway to ABT (in those days, I didn't know that some dancers did that) and what an elegant woman she was.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

#35 pssfrb

pssfrb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

Thank you all for your very kind words about my little sister, Jenny. I will be sure to let Julio know you are pulling for his full recovery.

Jenny has loved dancing since she was a squirrel in a pageant at age 3... she sure came a long way, didn't she?!

We appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers at this time. As a few people have said, she is dancing in the golden clouds now, and has our brother Jonathan with her too.

The show must go on - but please do remember her joy.

I am so sorry for your loss. My son performed with Julio in The Dream at the MET back in May. He has a photo of himself with a smiling Julio on his dresser which was taken after one of the performances. I have not told him what happened to your sister and Julio yet, as he is young and would be quite upset, but please accept our condolences. We are praying for Julio's full recovery.

#36 Haglund's

Haglund's

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

Gene Schiavone has created a lovely album on his website to celebrate Jennifer Alexander's artistry.

Gene now has around 60 photos of Jennifer in performance posted in this album along with an in memoriam introductory note from David Hallberg.

#37 SanderO

SanderO

Silver Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

I am a big fan of Gene's work and in this incredible collection of images with Jennifer Alexander he captures her many facets. This is a must see and a fitting tribute to this fine lady of dance. May she rest in peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):