• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 YID

YID

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

Whoops, Hellen thank you for letting me know the policies.
I have just checked the Bolshoi's site & they announce another cast change - back to previuosly announced Cinderellas with FILIN (earlier their site said that he would not tour due to (either injury or sickness)...
No changes to Don Quixotte...
http://www.bolshoi.r...ex.php?id26=591
sorry, i couldn't find the English version of the same announcement.
PS: The Kennedy site reflects the change - great cooperation between the two....

#17 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

The site gives much more detail on the casting. Most remarkable: Ekaterina Shipulina is listed as the Queen of the Driads for all performances of Don Q. Washington is getting premiere first highest class casting!

#18 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

http://www.bolshoi.r...ex.php?id26=591
sorry, i couldn't find the English version of the same announcement.

Many thanks for giving us the heads up from the Russian version of the site.

#19 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

The playbill for last night's opener included casting details for the entire run of 'Cinderella' and 'Don Quixote.' Among the more interesting details:

Cinderella -

The 4 Season Fairies at all performances: Anastasia Stashkevich, Anastasia Kurkova, Natalia Osipova, Nelli Kobakhidze (most have already danced leading roles...and Osipova will essay two Kitris on the weekend)

Friends of Prince include men who dance many principal roles back home: Viacheslav Lopatin, Denis Medvedev, Alexander Voytyuk, Yuri Baranov

Don Q -

Espada & Street Dancer - *Andrei Merkuriev (THE Espada of our times, as I saw at Mariinsky!) and Anastasia Yatsenko

Gamache - Denis Savin (remember his Romeo in the modern version of R&J two yrs ago?)

Flower Girls - Anna Rebetskaya & Olga Stebletsova

Dryad Queen - Ekaterina Schipulina (as pointed out earlier, above)

First Bridesmaid Variation - Ekaterina Krysanova

Second Bridesmaid (this role alternates): either Chinara Alizade (new name!) at the two matinees or Nelli Kobakhidze at the two evening performances

Amour also alternates between Anastasia Stashkevich (Sat aft & Sun eve) and Anastasia Kurkova at the other 2 perfs.

#20 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the casting info. If I can ask you for just one little bit more - is Yulianna Malkhasiants scheduled to dance the gypsy variation in Don Q (oh please, please, please!!)
Thanks,
Susan

#21 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the casting info. If I can ask you for just one little bit more - is Yulianna Malkhasiants scheduled to dance the gypsy variation in Don Q (oh please, please, please!!)
Thanks,
Susan

The answer is "YES"! At every performance. :blink:

#22 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

The playbill for last night's opener included casting details for the entire run of 'Cinderella' and 'Don Quixote.' Among the more interesting details:.......Second Bridesmaid (this role alternates): either Chinara Alizade (new name!) at the two matinees or Nelli Kobakhidze at the two evening performances

Quick note. Chinara Alizade's name should not have been a surprise, as I reported on her winning the Gold Medal at the 2005 Moscow International Ballet Competition, Jr. Division, on this thread:

http://ballettalk.in...topic=19766&hl=

Other now-Bolshoi dancers at that competition included Ivan Vasiliev (Jr men's Gold - then from Belarus but, one year later, moving to the Bolshoi in Moscow), Ekaterina Krysanova (Sr duet women's silver) and Natalia Osipova (Sr duet women's bronze medal...Obraztsova of the Kirov won the gold). Also at that competition, Lola Kochetkova -- one of the two stepsisters in 'Cinderella' this week in DC -- was both a competitor *and* choreographer.

#23 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

As Giannina says: Green, green, green!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all weekends to have to go out of town and miss a trip to see this....

enjoy yourselves, everyone!

#24 Ray

Ray

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:30 PM

Quick questions after viewing today's matinee w/Osipova & Vasiliev (who were spectacular, needless to say!):

Why don't the 2 flower girls in act one wear tights?

What's with the ratty point shoes & ribbons?--they look worn out and dirty, even Osipova's. The set's pretty tired, too. Money problems?

For all the incredible jumping, the dancers seemed not to make a sound! Is this b/c of Kennedy Center's acoustics or the dancers (i.e., worn-out point shoes are quieter)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):