This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2002-03 Roster

Hi!

All the talk has been about NYCB, but it looks as if ABT is going though some major changes. Yan Chen, Clinton Luckett, Yu Xin, Sean Stewart and Rosalie O'Connor are definately gone. If one is to trust the updated ABT website, Jerry Douglas, Erin Ackert and Giray Atalay have also departed. Jennifer Quent and Christin Severini are listed on the separate corps page, but not on the main roster page (www.abt.org/dancers/index.html), which leaves some question as to the current accuracy of the roster on the website.

We already know about the two new soloists (Part and Meunier).

Kate

Hi!

Sari Ostrum...

She was an apprentice until some point in 2001, but I don't think she ever became a full member of the company. I believe she is dancing with the Rochester City Ballet now: http://www.rochestercityballet.org/meet_co...y/m_ostrum.html,

However it's a bit strange that the bio doesn't mention her being an ABT apprentice, so I'm not entirely sure how up-to-date the Rochester City Ballet website is at this point.

BTW, is she related to Ellen Ostrum, now an apprentice with NYCB?

Kate

Hi!

Jessica Flynn is an apprentice! I'm working on a new version of the webpage and updating the old version at the same time, so there are some glitches here and there !

I believe that all the Wien Award winners were given apprentice contracts, but there hasn't been an announcement from NYCB. It appears that NYCB doesn't officially announce apprentices-their names appear in the playbill when they perform and they are mentioned in one of the SAB newsletters.

BTW, though Wien Award winners usually seem to get contracts, not every winner does get an apprenticeship. And some winners spend another year at SAB before becoming apprentices.

The Rochester Ballet site is strange...the schedule mentions Nutcracker 2002, but the bios seems to be very out-of-date.

Thanks for all your info, sneds. I'm sure a lot of people will be looking forward to the updated page, so please be sure to give us a holler when it's up.

I think a lot of the smaller ballet companies' web sites are maintained by volunteers, sometimes a dancer, sometimes a staff member on his or her own time. I've found a lot of them with out-of-date parts -- and often the web site will start out as a "home page" of the designer/maintainer, and become a dotcom or dotorg a few years down the line, so the URLs can be deceiving, too.

Ellen Ostrum is from Portland Oregon.

She and Angela Snow of ABT were the two final jewels to come out of the Haydee Gutierrez program at OBT. Haydee turned out two or three extraordinary dancers a year at OBT until Mr. Canfield decided the spotlight had room for only himself.

In a few years, look for the next string of pearls to start emerging from her new studios at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center.

It's true about Haydee. She can really turn them out.

Both Ellen and Angela are gorgeous!

Jessica Wyatt, whose parents were principles at DTH, is a new apprentice with The Joffrey. There are definite signs of a soon to be ballerina in that little apprentice.

Ellen Ostrum is from Portland Oregon.

She and Angela Snow of ABT were the two final jewels to come out of the Haydee Gutierrez program at OBT. Haydee turned out two or three extraordinary dancers a year at OBT until Mr. Canfield decided the spotlight had room for only himself.

In a few years, look for the next string of pearls to start emerging from her new studios at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center.

Have we seen a string of pearls yet? We are waiting.