This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cassandra /Kitri

11 hours ago, bingham said:

A couple of days ago , Cassie posted in Her Instagram account that she is learning Kitri with coaching from renowned POB Etoile, Isabelle Guerin. Is it possible that ABT will do DQ at the Koch in the Fall?

I saw that too and was curious. She’s not on the SL tour now so they could just be getting in extra coaching time and chose DQ to just work on something new. Trenary posted clips of her rehearsing a few short segments of O/O last year (one with Cornejo) and yet she’s never been cast. But, who knows. I’ve just learned to not get my hopes up. 😊

2 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

I saw that too and was curious. She’s not on the SL tour now so they could just be getting in extra coaching time and chose DQ to just work on something new. Trenary posted clips of her rehearsing a few short segments of O/O last year (one with Cornejo) and yet she’s never been cast. But, who knows. I’ve just learned to not get my hopes up. 😊

I posted this exact observation on a different thread 😀 

Trenary is dancing with Twyla Tharp's company this week at the Joyce Theater in NYC.   It seems unlikely that she will ever dance SL at ABT.  Jaffe selected Misseldine, a soloist, for a debut in this  major role instead of Trenary, a principal.  

I could certainly see Trenary as Kitri. 

1 hour ago, California said:

Here's the information on the performance, but nothing on performers:

https://www.bns.gub.uy/es/sobre-el-bns/temporadas/270/don-quijote

Thank you. I’m happy for her, she’ll make a great Kitri. Her Mercedes is the best I’ve seen. It’s good she has so many guesting opps since her ABT load is so small (she’s not the only one these days, but she still wouldn’t be on their SL tour even if she wasn’t guesting with Twyla). 

24 minutes ago, ABT Fan said:

Thank you. I’m happy for her, she’ll make a great Kitri. Her Mercedes is the best I’ve seen. It’s good she has so many guesting opps since her ABT load is so small (she’s not the only one these days, but she still wouldn’t be on their SL tour even if she wasn’t guesting with Twyla). 

I'd much rather have seen her paired with the (excellent) Camargo on Wednesday than the lacklustre Boylston... but principal pairings are a mystery at ABT as everyone above noted.