This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT's Spring 2022 Season: June 13 - July 16, Metropolitan Opera House

On 12/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, BalletFan said:

I'm very excited about the Spring Season... but absolutely shocked about Cassie! Is she getting any performances at all? The calendar is working for me, but I don't see her name listed anywhere. 

Hopefully she will get a lot of performances during the mixed bill performances. But it is disheartening to see her only get one full length.

21 minutes ago, ECat said:

Hopefully she will get a lot of performances during the mixed bill performances. But it is disheartening to see her only get one full length.

I feel this way too...and can only guess how discouraging it is for her...

18 hours ago, Drew said:

I feel this way too...and can only guess how discouraging it is for her...

Indeed! Especially after their number of performances are being cut back so dramatically. If I were in charge I would give her one of Hee Seo's Don Q performances. Don't get me wrong, I love Seo, but I see her as more of a lyrical dramatic dancer.

I've always found Trenary to be extremely versatile in terms having excellent classical technique and also being exceptional in more modern/contemporary works. I don't see why she shouldn't get a Don Q at least during the tour. Perhaps the shortage of shorter male principals helps explain her lack of casting. There are so few Basilio-worthy dancers in the company right now, and Cornejo has an ongoing partnership with Brandt.

Edited by JuliaJ