This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Le Corsaire Live Stream, Bavarian State Ballet, June 12 9am ET

Helene

Medora danced with her friends -- they all had fans (very large ones, like burlesque dancers), and were able to create several interesting tableaux with them.

Ah thank you; shame Doug wasn't commissioned to reconstruct that pas de six for the Bavarian State Ballet's production because I'd like to see it, or did he offer to reconstruct it and his offer was turned down?

And did any of those tableaux include one where the dancers made a kaleidoscope effect, reminiscent of a peacock's plumage?

Ah thank you; shame Doug wasn't commissioned to reconstruct that pas de six for the Bavarian State Ballet's production because I'd like to see it, or did he offer to reconstruct it and his offer was turned down?

And did any of those tableaux include one where the dancers made a kaleidoscope effect, reminiscent of a peacock's plumage?

I don't know what the circumstances were for the Bavarian production, but yes, the PNB family matinee included a peacock moment...

Doug staged this for the PNB School, and the numbers couldn't always match the originals, but the program lists:

Seyd

Lanquedem

Conrad

Medora

Birbanto

Gulnare

Act I:

Merchants: 3

Buyers: 2

Pirates: 8

Townswomen: 8

Servant Women: 10