This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jonathan Ollivier RIP

Jonathan Ollivier of New Adventures, currently starring in the lead role of Matthew Bourne's The Car Man, was killed in a car crash while he was driving his motorcycle. It was the day of the final performance of The Car Man and the performance was cancelled. What a tragedy.

He was a former dancer at Northern Ballet and Alberta Ballet before joining New Adventures and he also performed the dual role of The Swan/ The Stranger in Bourne's Swan Lake.

http://bbc.in/1IwezBr

Such devastating news.

As a fan of Northern Ballet I was lucky to see many of his performances with them. He was always so charming with his fans. When we saw him most recently as Swan/Stranger in Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake he noticed a group of us sat on the front row at the Lowry. He acknowledged us with a wink at the curtain calls.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

This is very tragic; may Jonathan Ollivier RIP.

I just read this on BBC as well and such a tragedy and confirms my believe that speeding, texting while driving and too much distracted driving these days: <http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-33843332>

My deepest sympathy to his family, so sad for this young and talented dancer and I hope that driver pays somehow, either jail time or something, but I guess I won't bring Jonathan back to his loved ones.

Jonathan Ollivier, former Alberta Ballet dancer, killed in London traffic collision (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

The lead ballet dancer of the current show at London's prestigious Sadler's Wells theatre has been killed in a traffic accident as he rode his motorcycle to the performance.

Ollivier trained at the Rambert School of Dance and had been a principal dancer at Cape Town Ballet, Northern Ballet Theatre and the Alberta Ballet.