This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

https://youtu.be/BkAOhe-4Q74

This is a Giselle clip from Starburst of Dance Gala 2014.

Seo didn't even do the entrechat in the opening, that just seems lazy to me. There were a few balance issues as well. Good thing Whiteside was there for her to lean on. Later on, she seems to struggle a bit with stamina issues. And this is only a portion of the ballet.

This is the dancer that will taking over the bulk of Semionova's performances this spring?

Well, he used the bulk of his strength keeping Seo upright in the opening pas. I'm not surprised he was off his game.

Seo, however, has no excuse.

That is no excuse for his solo dancing.

For everyone, please keep in mind

If you want to be: ...The voice that must make negative comparisons repeatedly to bolster a dancer or theory and/or become the living incarnation of deja-vu-all-over-again...get a blog.

Well, he used the bulk of his strength keeping Seo upright in the opening pas.

I agree that the relative difficulty of partnering a ballerina can have a discernible impact on the variation that follows (i.e., how the same male dancer performs the same variation after partnering different ballerinas). One of my cardinal rules of attending ballet is to applaud the adage for as long as humanly possible, even if I didn't enjoy it as much as all that, in order to give the poor man a chance to recover.