This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dance Calendars 2005

Last year I chose 2004 Balanchine. This year after careful review of

Balanchine 2005

Lois Greenfield

Pilobolus

the anonymous Ballerina calendar

Degas

and ABT

I wanted ABT but it was sold-out of every

store I knew to buy calendars from at half price.

I bought Picasso instead: There's at least 2 Harlequin's in there:)

You can buy calendars on Amazon. That's where I got my Blanachine 2004 calendar from. This year, I'm just using my work place's calendar - it has pictures of ships and trade routes with a kind of arty-archeological feel (that has nothing at all to do with the work we actually do here...)

You can buy calendars on Amazon. That's where I got my Blanachine 2004 calendar from. 
--GWTW

When it comes to calendars, I only want to pay 1/2 price and then no shipping fees so that rules out cyber stores....

Treefrog --

Is that calendar photographed by Elias and on this webpage

Calendars.com ?

If you click on the image you can have an option to view the back cover.

Dewdrop, nice topic. I usually buy the Balanchine, ABT, and/or Degas, but I’m inclined to agree with you about not paying full price if at all possible. I buy mine at a local used bookstore (BookBuyers in Mountain View, CA ) but this year they didn’t have either one and I got the Degas last year. So I’m looking at Arabian stallions this time around. They’re almost as beautiful as dancers. :D

I always buy the Balanchine, which I have on my fridge. In the past, I have added an ABT or a NYCB and put it across from my desk. For three years there was a nice Kirov available through Russian Steppes but I think they are out of business and I didn't feel like ordering it from Russia directly. But this year it was just the Balanchine. I save all the calendars for the pictures.

Happily, and finally, I have the Rosalie O'Connor "Backstage at the Ballet" calendar. :D

It seemed to be sold out last year when I tried to find it online. I'd resigned myself to having to settle for something else (funny how when you can't have one particular thing, everything else just pales in comparison). But then last night, killing some time at a Borders, there it was, with all the other calendars that were now marked down to $4! :P

I wanted the Balanchine calendar, but (cheapskate that I am) waited until the New Year to get it for half price. But a check of every calendar seller in DC and northern Virginia revealed no calendar (they'd had them before!). Finally, when I was in New York a couple of weeks ago, I broke down and bought one for full price at the NYCB Gift Bar. I justified it on the grounds that the money went to a good cause. :speechless-smiley-003: