This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Where did Deanna go?

Guest Balarina

Guest Balarina

Does anyone know what happened to corps member Deanna Mcbrearty? I get the NYCB Season fliers, which list all dancers and their ranks. This season I noticed that Deanna has been removed from the list. Has anyone read any reports on what happened?

Guest Balarina

ah...that helps alot. thank you, I was worried that she may have been fired for whatever reason. I'm sad that she's gone but happy it was her choice.

:wacko: Sigh ... McBrearty was one of the dancers I really missed during the Balanchine celebration. She's on my seeminly ever-lenghthening list of "maybe they'll come back someday" NYCB alums.

I'm still in deep denial regarding the departures of Monique Muenier, Eva Natanya, and Alexander Ritter. Not to mention Igor Zelensky. I'm that pathetic woman at the end of the bar clutching a faded NYCB program from the last century, sobbing into her cocktail and telling the bartender "He'll come back, I just know he will ..."

kATHLEEN: YOUR REMARK IS HILARIOUS. DEANNA LEFT 2 YEARS AGO, AND I KNOW SHE WAS GETTING MARRIED. SHE DID/ DOES? DANSKIN ADS, AND WAS IN THE NYCB WORKOUT TAPE.

SHE HAD BEATEN SCOLIOSIS, AND I ONCE WROTE HER TO APPLAUD HER BRAVERY, AND RECEIVED A NICE NOTE FROM HER.

SHE WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES, AND I WILL ALWAYS MISS HER. JIM

During the Autumn I kept seeing Deanna McBrearty in the Lincoln Center area (she looks great!) and was thinking maybe she was going to dance with the Company again. Today, while scanning the NYCB Personnel page in Playbill during the NUTCRACKER intermission, I noticed that she IS working there - not as a dancer but as Manager of External Affairs.

I just checked the website, and yes, Lydia is no longer there, Deanna is. I also noticed Carole Divet is not in the costume shop anymore. (And I know I saw something here about her, but....) Here's the External Affairs listing:

External Affairs

Executive Assistant to Mr. Ramsey: Rose Ferraro

Manager, External Affairs: Deanna McBrearty

Endowment Campaign Manager: Maria Grady