Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:43 AM

Julie Kent doesn't seem to be cast very much either :cool:

#17 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 09:09 AM

As has been pointed out, we're talking about performances six months from now. Personally, I would like to see TBA in many more ballets.

#18 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 09:19 AM

Re Part and Malakhov, here's an official answer from ABT's press office:

Alexandra:

Regarding Spring casting, we have released just the Principal casting for the most part. Of course, there are many soloist roles in these ballets that are not cast yet. The first page of our press release lists the Principal Dancers for the engagement and it does include Malakhov. Also, casting for the World Premiere of HereAfter and Artemis has not been released yet. Veronika and Vladimir and others will definitely be dancing (barring injury of course) during the season.

We will be putting out another brochure (for single ticket sales) sometime in early February -- that should provide some updated casting, the tba's may be filled in, etc.

#19 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 02:05 PM

It's been my experience that ABT has done casting WELL in advance for many years. Personally, I've found that they stick with their original casts, barring injuries, which certainly are unpredictable. In fact, Susan Jaffe remarked that she never really planned her retirement around Giselle, but that she and Carreno had been cast a year ahead for that date in June and her decision to retire came after that. ABT doesn't seem to change casts on a whim as I saw happen with the Kirov's recent appearance at the Met.

#20 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 01:08 AM

The casting/schedule have been filled in a little bit more:

http://www.abt.org/p...s/met_subs.html

Vishneva and Malakhov are cast in the June 11 Romeo and Juliet, but all but one of the other TBA R&J have been filled with other dancers (although Malakhov will be doing one with Kent).

The mixed bills have been rounded out with some of the rep. from the City Center season - Clear and the George Harrison tribute - with various pas de deux, including the Leaves are Fading. The open Swan Lake has been filled with Kent in the lead roll (with her partner to be announced later), leaving out the possibility (at least my hope) that it would have been filled by either Meunier or Part. Meunier is cast in one Offenbach in the Underworld.

No Balanchine scheduled.

#21 boydancer05

boydancer05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 03:46 PM

Acosta no longer dances with Houston Ballet but has moved to follw Mr. Stevenson to Forth Worth Dallas Ballet as have 5 of his former students and maybe some of his newest students. He just did Giselle with them. I think that he will be a principal with them and have the same position that he did with Houston.

#22 sneds

sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 04:24 PM

Hi!
I may be wrong, but I don't believe Acosta is attaching himself to any one company. Stevenson or not, he'll probably continue to guest with Houston Ballet, as well as the Royal Ballet, Fort Worth-Dallas Ballet, perhaps ABT, and of course still fulfill his duties with the National Ballet of Cuba. He's a dancer of world class stature, and just as he left Houston Ballet to places where he could be noticed more, he's unlikely to commit to any length of time in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Kate (who will never forget Acosta & Corella in "Le Corsaire" and who's hoping that Acosta will dance in New York or Washington sometime in the new future)

#23 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 12:48 PM

The Mixed Bills for the Met season have been fleshed out, with partial casting listed for newly announced ballets:

Program I: Offenbach in the Underworld, Clear, pas de deux, Within You Without You (George Harrison Tribute).

Program 2: Artemis, pdd, pdd, The Dream

http://www.abt.org/p...s/met_subs.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):