23 replies to this topic

#16 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for putting that up. I'd never seen her. She looks about right for the rep. :D

#17 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 04:28 PM

Who in the world ever allowed that photo to be published? Certainly the dancer would not have approved it. Is it actually in the brochure or published somewhere? It is really frighteningly bad. :eek:

#18 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 04:34 PM

That standing foot must really hurt!

#19 BalletNut

BalletNut

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:15 PM

For something slightly more flattering, there is a video of her at this link:
http://www.het-natio...hp4?mpg=s-sylve

#20 gottadance07

gottadance07

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 09:21 AM

All I have to say is WHOA. I've never seen a dancer do 7 consecutive turns during fouettes.

#21 Lillian

Lillian

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 10:27 AM

Wow, I quite enjoyed that. :)

#22 Kyriakoula

Kyriakoula

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 06:42 AM

Now that's a good thread. The NY Times is really good at selecting terrible!!!! photos. Like the picture of Ashley Tuttle on the front page of the Sunday Arts section. Ashley is really beautiful, but that picture was not flattering. I think the worst I have seen was one of Carlos Acosta on the front page of the Times advertising the article on him being the most astounding and elegant dancer. It was horrendous. I understand that the Times sometimes insists on using in house photographers, but who selects the actual picture. Pretty unbelievable!!

#23 KayDenmark

KayDenmark

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:46 AM

Just a note to say that I saw Ask Le Cour dance in Copenhagen Saturday night (November 16) - the Royal Danish seems to be making him work up to the very last minute he gets on the plane.

He did Bournonville's Konservatoriet, a male demi role, although a fairly prominent one. Very nice footwork and good stage presence - tall and rangy, more Peter Martins than Nilas Martins, with a devilish cleft chin that I'm sure will delight the ladies. He could be a keeper.

#24 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 04:36 AM

In today's NY Post there's a tidbit about Carreno hopefully joining soon as a soloist, apparently there's been visa troubles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):