This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mariinsky Roster changes

Golub is married with at least one child Last time I saw her dance was in Young Lady and the Hooligan - January 25th, 2015, in a double bill with Leningrad Symphony and I cannot remember seeing her on the playbill since then, but maybe others can, but I do not think so?

A few have left also. As it has been reported, Maria Shirinkina and Vladimir Shklyarov are going to Munich, although so far their names have not been taken off the roster. Two whose names HAVE been taken off the roster, and who are also going to Munich, are Alexei Popov (coryphee) and Ekaterina Bondarenko (corps.) Alexei is a real loss to the company, having excellent technique and several principal roles in his repertoire - including Albrecht, Nutcracker prince, Desire, Vaslav, James, Ivan the Fool, Mercutio and his final appearance role of Bambi. What a shame he never got the promotion he deserved.

A few have left also. As it has been reported, Maria Shirinkina and Vladimir Shklyarov are going to Munich, although so far their names have not been taken off the roster. Two whose names HAVE been taken off the roster, and who are also going to Munich, are Alexei Popov (coryphee) and Ekaterina Bondarenko (corps.) Alexei is a real loss to the company, having excellent technique and several principal roles in his repertoire - including Albrecht, Nutcracker prince, Desire, Vaslav, James, Ivan the Fool, Mercutio and his final appearance role of Bambi. What a shame he never got the promotion he deserved.

I had not noticed Popov's name and pic taken off. That is a shame. I really liked him.

Yevgeny Konovalov is now a coryphee.  He is a former Vaganova student of Selyutsky,  with good arms and elevation who has nice princely presence and good partnering skills - he's danced Bluebird, James and many small solo roles recently.    Congratulations to him!

Edited by MadameP