This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Robert Fairchild in An American in ParisIs he taking a leave from NYCBALLET?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

I just saw some publicity for the Broadway show stating that Robert Fairchild will star in the Broadway run. Previews start in March with the opening in April. So I assume he is taking leave from NYCBALLET for the spring season. Is this right? Too bad for me-- now I'll have to see the show if I want to see him dance.

One should be so lucky .... You get to see a lot of him in the show ... and I think he has been most generous with his NYCB castings in the Winter season thus far (Leanne Cope did not return to the RB fold AT ALL) - at least while obviously being - or at least starting to be back in AiP rehearsals.  One thing I can promise you - having seen the show a few times in Paris - you won't be disappointed. 

#17 abatt

abatt

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

The show started rehearsals in New York City this past Monday.  I believe that this weekend's performances of R&J at NYCB may be his final performances at NYCB for the season.

#18 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

From Paris to Broadway .... a touching promo ...

https://www.youtube....7ivYBbq58I#t=53

#19 abatt

abatt

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:13 AM

In fairness to Leanne Cope, unlike Robbie Fairchild, who already has an apartment and an established life in New York City, Ms Cope probably needed the "off time" from the show to find housing in New York City, move her things to New York and get settled in an entirely new city.  So she had a lot more on her plate to do than R. Fairchild to prep for the broadway engagement.

#20 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

In fairness to Leanne Cope, unlike Robbie Fairchild, who already has an apartment and an established life in New York City, Ms Cope probably needed the "off time" from the show to find housing in New York City, move her things to New York and get settled in an entirely new city.  So she had a lot more on her plate to do than R. Fairchild to prep for the broadway engagement.

Indeed - plus she probably wanted to understandably spend time with her family and VERY NEW husband (also with the RB) since she will be away for quite a time thereafter.  I didn't mean any slight against the lovely Ms. Cope - not at all.  I just wanted to pay my respectful admiration to the glorious Mr. Fairchild. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):