This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Summer Movies - 2012

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Marie Antoinette really comes as a supporting role

Yes, Marie-Antoinette is very much a supporting role in this.

Speaking of Marie-Antoniette, there's a nice little detail in the movie where Diane Kruger (as M-A) stands near a famous, real-life portrait (or a high-grade facsimile, in any event) of the real Marie-Antoinette.

Yes! ...and so you see the little resemblance of the chubby face of the real MA compared to the angular, model like features of Kruger. A miss, i think...

#17 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Yes! ...and so you see the little resemblance of the chubby face of the real MA compared to the angular, model like features of Kruger. A miss, i think...

For those of you who are wondering what cubanmiamiboy and I are referring to, go to this link and scroll down to the second picture on the left side of the page:

http://en.wikipedia....arie_Antoinette

This is the portrait you see in the movie.

I didn't mind that Diane Kruger looked thinner in the movie than Marie-Antoinette looked in the portrait (which, after all, was an idealized version of the real M-A.) The absence of bread will peel off that youthful body fat right quick! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):