5 replies to this topic

#1 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

a reception to celebrate the gift of the Mikhail Baryshnikov Archive for The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts was held on Nov. 1
among those in attendance, other than the names heading the invitation (see scan) in the crush, were:
M. Morris, I. Mizrahi, J. Kent, C. Stearns, G. Murphy, K.McKenzie, M.vanHamel, P.McBride, J-P, Bonnefoux, M. AShley, J. deLuz, F. Franklin, P.Kolnik, L. Reinhart, Sophia? Baryshnikov, (as well as numerous others who may surface in my memory eventually).
the following amateur snapshots show a grouping w/ Baryshnikov in the foreground, and J. Davis just to the right, McBride (back to camera), chatting w/ Reinhart, and Kolnik in conversation w. Gillian Atfield, a longtime NYCB supporter.
several monitors around the room displayed videotape loops, including some historic films of Baryshnikov in Alexander Pushkin's class and the young demonstrating elements of the Vagnova syllabus. (a post-reception dinner was held at Lincoln.)

Attached Files

#2 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Is this display still up at the library for viewing as an installation?

#3 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

I am so glad it landed here... Easier to access than a university library...

#4 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

An archivist at NYPL has just posted a little more information about the archives:
http://www.nypl.org/...eek-baryshnikov

A "sneak peek" of the collection is available for viewing at the library until December 3.

Please note that the archivist is posting updates on the Library's official site. This one is from March 13, 2013:
http://www.nypl.org/blog/subject/789

(I posted this as a separate message, but that seems to have mysteriously disappeared.)

Edited by California, 16 March 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

That's exciting news!

#6 AlbanyGirl

AlbanyGirl

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

This is so wonderful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):