This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

More Diana Adams Pictures

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Ray

Ray

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

some suggestions/identifications below:

http://s631.photobuc...nt=scan0023.jpg
= this is Nutcracker finale, w/ Adams as Sugarplum - the ballet mistress might be Una Kai?]

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's funny that you mention Una Kai. I just found out from Patricia Wilde that she lives here in Savannah about 5 minutes from my house. She was going to call her and see if she would meet with me to talk about Diana. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope you do! From my memories of working with her in Kansas City, she was very friendly and down-to-earth. And I'd love to hear--perhaps in a private message--how Pat is doing.

#17 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

more on ELECTRONICS:
the text on the back of the LP jacket for a recording of ballet's music.
f.y.i.

Attached Files

#18 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

BTW for those of you who watch the Classic Arts Channel, there is a circa 1960 version of Balanchine's "Apolo" featuring the pas de deux of Diana Adams and Jaques d'Ambrose currently in the rotation (they schedule a 12 hour program, play for a week, then switch). "

It was clearly filmed live, without any "do overs", Diana is amazing, but she does wobble during one balance. I watched thinking "that dancer has legs for *miles*!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):