This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

More Diana Adams Pictures

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Ray

Ray

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

some suggestions/identifications below:

http://s631.photobuc...nt=scan0023.jpg
= this is Nutcracker finale, w/ Adams as Sugarplum - the ballet mistress might be Una Kai?]

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's funny that you mention Una Kai. I just found out from Patricia Wilde that she lives here in Savannah about 5 minutes from my house. She was going to call her and see if she would meet with me to talk about Diana. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope you do! From my memories of working with her in Kansas City, she was very friendly and down-to-earth. And I'd love to hear--perhaps in a private message--how Pat is doing.

#17 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

more on ELECTRONICS:
the text on the back of the LP jacket for a recording of ballet's music.
f.y.i.

Attached Files

#18 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

BTW for those of you who watch the Classic Arts Channel, there is a circa 1960 version of Balanchine's "Apolo" featuring the pas de deux of Diana Adams and Jaques d'Ambrose currently in the rotation (they schedule a 12 hour program, play for a week, then switch). "

It was clearly filmed live, without any "do overs", Diana is amazing, but she does wobble during one balance. I watched thinking "that dancer has legs for *miles*!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):