• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 sidwich

sidwich

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

I think the viewers have become more discerning over the seasons and use the judges' opinions and knowledge to form their own.

I hope that viewers don't use the judges' comments to form their opinions. Bruno and Carrie Ann really know almost nothing about ballroom dancing and their comments are usually somewhere between inane and nonsensical. Len has the knowledge but his comments often aren't much better. There are a lot of basic technical issues which the judges don't address, and it's usually very obvious to me which celebrities have large fanbases based on the comments they receive vs. their performances.

#62 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

sidwich, would you mind giving an overview of how you thought the couples fared from a real ballroom standpoint?

#63 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

I didn't watch the finals (wasn't invested in any of the finalists for reasons I've moaned and groaned about all season) but here is the final order:

01 Nicole/Derek
02 Evan/Anna
03 Erin/Maks

Derek's win means the Wonder Triplets (Derek, Julianne and Mark) have won 6 of the 10 mirror ball trophies -- Derek w/ Brooke and Nicole, Julianne w/ Apolo and Helio and Mark w/ Kristy and Shawn. (Cheryl Burke has won 2 w/ Drew and Emmitt, Kym Johnson has won 1 w/ Donny and Alec Mazo has won 1 w/ Kelly.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):