• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

Is the NY screening going to be open to the public? I don't see any info on the NYPL site, and I will definitely want to attend!

#17 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

Just reading the names on the program is exciting. I take it that George d'Amboise is one of the d'Amboise clan who eventually left the dancing to his siblings?

#18 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

'george d'amboise' caught my eye too, but i have no further information other than this entry.
and yes, the screening on the 18th is open to the public at the NYPL. but i note that the release says - 'a limited number of free seats will be available for both [the washington and nyc] screenings.' the operative word being 'limited' i guess...

#19 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

George is Chris's brother, aka "the one that beat the cancer." I believe that he's working now in designing store interiors.

#20 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

George is Chris's brother, . . .

And Charlotte's -- and the non-dancing Catherine's, too!

#21 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

George is Chris's brother, . . .

And Charlotte's -- and the non-dancing Catherine's, too!

In the preface of Chris' book (LEAP YEAR) he says: "My father is a dancer, my mother was a dancer, my aunt and uncle were dancers, my brother and two sisters all took ballet lessons....At age eighteen I followed the path of my aunt, uncle, father and mother and joined New York City Ballet."

#22 harpergroup

harpergroup

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

In one place in this discussion, the NYC date is mentioned as Sept. 19, and in another as Sept. 18. Does anyone know which of the 2 dates is correct (since the NYPL website doesn't bother to include this event yet)?

#23 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

if mem. serves, and, as clive barnes once suggested, the service isn't always what it used to be, there were two dates mentioned in the earliest plans for the NYPL screening(s), and both these dates were mentioned, however, in the most recent? release i've got in hand the date is ONLY the 18th. no mention is made of the 19th at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):