This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT gala

Harlenquenade was great, the tap piece blew everyone away I hope they do it again. The last piece was an abomination, they had small children in a glass box and "gassed" them at the end. Nobody liked that piece. Not the way to end a Gala performance. 

That Tap piece, If ABT does not add it to their repetoire, Dance Theatre of Harlem should. Amazing! I want to see it again!

13 minutes ago, MJ said:

... the tap piece blew everyone away I hope they do it again....

That Tap piece, If ABT does not add it to their repetoire, Dance Theatre of Harlem should. Amazing! I want to see it again!

I really loved the tap piece too! Gillian Murphy, Arron Scott, and all the other dancers exuded so much joy. I hope ABT performs it again soon, perhaps in their fall season.

13 minutes ago, MJ said:

... the tap piece blew everyone away I hope they do it again....

I really loved the tap piece too! Gillian Murphy, Arron Scott, and all the other dancers exuded so much joy. I hope ABT performs it again soon, perhaps in their fall season.

On 5/24/2018 at 10:42 PM, Helene said:

James Whiteside interviewed Kevin McKenzie for his podcast "The Stage Rightside" the week before the Gala, and one of the topics they discussed was the works in the gala.

https://stagerightside.libsyn.com/kevin-mckenzie-on-directing

This is a not-to-miss episode for anyone interested in ABT.

At the end, Whiteside announced that next week's episode would feature an interview with Michelle Dorrance.

Thanks for the heads-up -- I'm so impressed with Dorrance!

On 5/25/2018 at 1:42 AM, Helene said:

James Whiteside interviewed Kevin McKenzie for his podcast "The Stage Rightside" the week before the Gala, and one of the topics they discussed was the works in the gala.

https://stagerightside.libsyn.com/kevin-mckenzie-on-directing

This is a not-to-miss episode for anyone interested in ABT.

Thanks for this. A VERY interesting interview that had some genuine advice-seeking questions from Whiteside, and on a more personal note than I would have expected, that I really appreciated hearing.