This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mariinsky Japan Tour Nov-Dec 2015

I'm not arriving until the 24th so it is just the Corsairs and gala evening I'm curious about. I can't remember seeing Lopatkina in Corsair, it'll be interesting to see her in the role, I don't dislike her by the way, just prefer dancers with more warmth. It will be my third trip to see them there, great venue in a town that typifies ' Old Europe', I usually head for places like Madeira or Morocco at that time of the year but Baden Baden with a sprinkling of snow on it looks like the prettiest Christmas card you've ever seen.

Here is the video of the press conference. In Russian and with Japanese interpretation.

First night in Tokyo was Jewels and I enjoyed it a lot. Kondaurova seemed fully recovered from her injury and was commanding as Big Red in Rubies, also Kimin Kim is back from his injury in China and showed such delight in his dancing, Bateeva had much jazziness and musicality. Kristina Shapran a little unstable in Diamonds but nevertheless displayed her fragile beauty and lyricism, Askerov, although a little stiff was good with his accuracy and academism. The corps seemed good as well.

Kondaurova is replacing Skorik in Swan Lake on Saturday at Nagoya. (Skorik is in Japan now but she was not at the conference, but she is still scheduled to dance in Swan Lake on December 5th)

can anybody translate what Kimin Kim says at around 25:00 that results in laughter in the room? and what he says in general

Kimin made some laughter because he introduced himself in Japanese.

And what he said was that, it was Japan that he visited first for tour after he joined Mariinsky so it is a memorable place. And he is happy that he could dance his favorite roles, Siegfried, Mercutio and Rubies.

I'm not arriving until the 24th so it is just the Corsairs and gala evening I'm curious about. I can't remember seeing Lopatkina in Corsair, it'll be interesting to see her in the role, I don't dislike her by the way, just prefer dancers with more warmth. It will be my third trip to see them there, great venue in a town that typifies ' Old Europe', I usually head for places like Madeira or Morocco at that time of the year but Baden Baden with a sprinkling of snow on it looks like the prettiest Christmas card you've ever seen.

You may have already seen this on the website, but in case not...I just learned from an acquaintance going to Baden Baden and confirmed online that Lopatkina is out of Corsaire. Somova as Medora on the 26th (Batoeva as Gulnare)... The other Medoras are Tereshkina and Kolegova.

You may have already seen this on the website, but in case not...I just learned from an acquaintance going to Baden Baden and confirmed online that Lopatkina is out of Corsaire. Somova as Medora on the 26th (Batoeva as Gulnare)... The other Medoras are Tereshkina and Kolegova.

Thanks, it was still Lopatkina on the website yesterday. Very pleased I'll be seeing Tereshkina. . :yahoo:

I see Shklyarov is listed to perform in Baden-Baden; I didn't think he'd be fit enough to dance yet, is that website fully updated?