This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

From lincoln center.org business improvement district site:

Located near multiple public transit options and within walking distance to some of the nation’s best cultural institutions, shopping and parks are a number of quality hotels in Lincoln Square, ready to meet your needs. When you arrive, don’t forget to pick up the official Lincoln Square Map & Guide from your concierge or at one of our two neighborhood information carousels.

The Empire Hotel

44 West 63rd Street btw Broadway & Columbus Avenue, 212.265.7400

www.empirehotelnyc.com

Hotel Beacon*

2130 Broadway at 75th Street, 212.787.1100

www.beaconhotel.com

Hudson Hotel*

356 West 58th Street between 8th & 9th Avenues, 800.606.6090

www.hudsonhotel.com

Jumeirah Essex House*

160 Central Park South, 212.247.0300

www.jumeirahessexhouse.com

Mandarin Oriental, New York

80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street, 212.805.8800

www.mandarin-oriental.com

Phillips Club

155 West 66th Street, 212.835.8800

www.phillipsclub.com

Six Columbus Circle*

6 Columbus Circle, between 8th and 9th Avenues, 212.204.3000

www.sixcolumbus circle.com

Trump International Hotel & Tower

1 Central Park West, between 60th and 61st Streets, 212.299.1000

www.trumpintl.com

West Side YMCA*

5 West 63rd Street, btw Central Park West and Broadway, 212.875.4100

www.ymcanyc.org

* Places just outside of the BID, listed for your convenience.

..Hotels© Lincoln Square BID All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us

Here are links to Hotels per Google Maps for Lincoln Center's zip code and the adjacent one directly south (as the zip changes about 3 blocks below LC)

West 59th St. to West 76th St: http://maps.google.c...166980303139130

West 49th St. to West 59th St: http://maps.google.c...166980303139130

It's hard to recommend without knowing your budget and what amenities are (or aren't) important to you, also your definition of "near." Most able-bodied New Yorkers would consider all the hotels on these two maps to be within walking distance of Lincoln Center. The furthest are about 0.75 mile from Lincoln Center Plaza.

West Side YMCA*

5 West 63rd Street, btw Central Park West and Broadway, 212.875.4100

www.ymcanyc.org

I've stayed in several hotels within walking distance to Lincoln Center, but the Y is my favorite. It beats the Empire Hotel (closer, but negligibly so) for price, and if you ask for a room on the southeastern corner, offers better views as well. I don't go to NYC to hang out in my hotel room, so all I care about there is a comfortable bed. In hot weather it's nice to stop in for a quick change into evening clothes and have only a short block's walk to the theater.

kfw, I don't know when you last stayed there, but the Empire underwent a thorough renovation a few years ago and should not be the same worn and seedy hotel you may be remembering.

It looks great on the website! Too bad the jazz club Iridium is no longer in the basement.

If you're bargain hunting, two good sources are Travelzoo (check periodically to see which hotels are discounting their rates) or Priceline. Don't use Priceline without learning when to use it, how to bid and doing research - but if you put in the work and know what hotels might come up (that can be done), you can save a bundle. For an upcoming London trip, I just got the Marriott Marble Arch (been there before and thought it lovely) for $93/night plus tax, which is more than half off.