This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Casting for week of Jan. 5, 2010

NEW YORK CITY BALLET

PRINCIPAL CASTING JANUARY 5 - 10, 2010

TUESDAY EVENING, JANUARY 5, 7:30 PM (Conductor: Karoui)

NAΪVE AND SENTIMENTAL MUSIC: I: Ringer, Borree, Somogyi, Taylor, A. Stafford, Bouder, M. Fairchild, Neal, T. Angle, *Danchig-Waring, J. Angle, Veyette,

Ulbricht, De Luz; II: Mearns, Kistler, Kowroski, J. Stafford, Hanna**, Askegard; III: Hyltin, Reichlen, T. Peck, R. Fairchild, Ramasar, Garcia

intermission

WHO CARES?: *R. Fairchild, *Morgan, *T. Peck, *Hyltin [solo piano: McDill]

WEDNESDAY EVENING, JANUARY 6, 7:30 PM(Conductor: Kaplow)

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: TITANIA: Kowroski; OBERON: De Luz; PUCK: Ulbricht; HIPPOLYTA: Reichlen; THESEUS: la Cour; TITANIA’S CAVALIER: Askegard; HELENA: Krohn; DEMETRIUS: Ramasar; HERMIA: Somogyi; LYSANDER: J. Stafford; BUTTERFLY: Pereira; BOTTOM: Seth; DIVERTISSEMENT: Whelan, Neal

THURSDAY EVENING, JANUARY 7, 8 PM (Conductor: Sill)

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: TITANIA: Mearns; OBERON: Garcia; PUCK: Hendrickson; HIPPOLYTA: Scheller; THESEUS: Seth; TITANIA’S CAVALIER: *la Cour; HELENA: Taylor; DEMETRIUS: Higgins; HERMIA: A. Stafford; LYSANDER: Veyette; BUTTERFLY: Dronova; BOTTOM: Danchig-Waring; DIVERTISSEMENT: Ringer, J. Angle

FRIDAY EVENING, JANUARY 8, 8 PM (Conductor: Kaplow)

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: TITANIA: Kistler; OBERON: Veyette; PUCK: Suozzi; HIPPOLYTA: Lowery; THESEUS: *J. Peck; TITANIA’S CAVALIER: Askegard; HELENA: Arthurs; DEMETRIUS: T. Angle; HERMIA: Hyltin; LYSANDER: R. Fairchild; BUTTERFLY: Pollack; BOTTOM: Seth; DIVERTISSEMENT: *A. Stafford, Marcovici

SATURDAY MATINEE, JANUARY 9, 2 PM (Conductor: Sill)

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: TITANIA: Kowroski; OBERON: De Luz; PUCK: Ulbricht; HIPPOLYTA: Reichlen; THESEUS: la Cour; TITANIA’S CAVALIER: Askegard; HELENA: Krohn; DEMETRIUS: Ramasar; HERMIA: Somogyi; LYSANDER: J. Stafford; BUTTERFLY: Pereira; BOTTOM: Seth; DIVERTISSEMENT: Whelan, Neal

SATURDAY EVENING, JANUARY 9, 8 PM (Conductor: Karoui)

NAΪVE AND SENTIMENTAL MUSIC: I: Ringer, Borree, Somogyi, Taylor, A. Stafford, Bouder, M. Fairchild, Neal, T. Angle, Danchig-Waring, J. Angle, Veyette,

Ulbricht, De Luz; II: Mearns, Kistler, Kowroski, J. Stafford, Hanna**, Askegard; III: Hyltin, Reichlen, T. Peck, R. Fairchild, Ramasar, Garcia

intermission

WHO CARES?: R. Fairchild, Morgan, T. Peck, Hyltin [solo piano: McDill]

SUNDAY MATINEE, JANUARY 10, 3 PM (Conductor: Kaplow)

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM: TITANIA: Kistler; OBERON: Veyette; PUCK: Suozzi; HIPPOLYTA: Lowery; THESEUS: J. Peck; TITANIA’S CAVALIER: Askegard; HELENA: Arthurs; DEMETRIUS: T. Angle; HERMIA: Hyltin; LYSANDER: R. Fairchild; BUTTERFLY: Pollack; BOTTOM: Seth; DIVERTISSEMENT: A. Stafford, Marcovici

* First Time in Role

** Guest Artist

PROGRAM AND CASTING SUBJECT TO CHANGE (12/29/09)

I feel the same way. I can't sit through the new Peter Martins ballet again, so I am coming at intermission and will only see Who Cares. Since I'm sitting in the fourth ring, I don't have a problem with doing that. The tix was cheap enough. Since I spend most of my spring season at ABT, I may not have opportunities to see Who Cares in the Spring even if they bring it back for the Spring Season. By the way, who is doing "The Man I Love" pdd. I can't discern that from the casting list.

By the way, who is doing "The Man I Love" pdd. I can't discern that from the casting list.

Isn't it Morgan? I seem to remember the ladies are listed in order of the pdds/variations.

Edit: I just looked at her Twitter https://twitter.com/KMorganNYCB and yesterday she tweeted "So- the foot is not quite ready for Who Cares. Super frustrated but it is for the best- exciting things coming up later in the season!)" so it sounds like she won't be dancing. I wonder who'll replace her.

By the way, who is doing "The Man I Love" pdd. I can't discern that from the casting list.

Isn't it Morgan? I seem to remember the ladies are listed in order of the pdds/variations.

Edit: I just looked at her Twitter https://twitter.com/KMorganNYCB and yesterday she tweeted "So- the foot is not quite ready for Who Cares. Super frustrated but it is for the best- exciting things coming up later in the season!)" so it sounds like she won't be dancing. I wonder who'll replace her.

I saw that tweet, too. I was just up at the Koch theater and they haven't updated the casting sheets yet. It will be interesting to see who replaces her.