This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BAC is very far west and there is not much near there. I would stay in Times Square or on the upper west side. You can walk to BAC from Times Square and from the upper west side, you can take a subway to 42nd Street and 8th Ave and walk to BAC.

The other choice would be the New Yorker Hotel in the West 30s but I don't know how nice it is.

The other choice would be the New Yorker Hotel in the West 30s but I don't know how nice it is.

I lived at the New Yorker for a few months while at university in 2004. It's at 8th and 34th, diagonally across from Penn Station and a major subway hub. It's gotten a bit shabby but still quite nice. The rooms are in good repair and the service staff are very helpful. It's a brisk five minute walk (three blocks) uptown to BAC. Late night can feel a bit daunting in that area, but I had no problems with it.

Dozens of places to stay. You're really 'nearby' almost anywhere in midtown west, aren't you? I wouldn't bother with the New Yorker, you could even stay at the Empire at Lincoln Center, i guess, and just be a couple of subway stops away. Otherwise Times Square if you can stand it. If you're not worried about money, then you could stay at the Waldorf and just walk over.