This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I was just doing my weekly browsing of Opus Arte's website (opusarte.com), and noticed that the recent broadcast of the Royal Ballet's La Fille Mal Garde with Marianela Nunez and Carlos Acosta is due for release in June! I think Nunez plays this role to perfection, and Carlos wasn't too bad either.

I hope this is just the first of many releases of the fine broadcasts they have: Giselle with Cojocaru/Kobborg, Sleeping Beauty with Kojocaru and Nunez's incredible Lilac Fairy, perhaps Darcey Bussell's awesome Song of the Earth.

I also hope we can see these releases on Blu Ray.

--Andre

I was just doing my weekly browsing of Opus Arte's website (opusarte.com), and noticed that the recent broadcast of the Royal Ballet's La Fille Mal Garde with Marianela Nunez and Carlos Acosta is due for release in June! I think Nunez plays this role to perfection, and Carlos wasn't too bad either.

Is this the one with the botched lift at the end as shown in the Royal Ballet's documentary?

-goro-

True happiness doesn't come fom love or zen, I now know it is imprinted in plastic and is called Royal Ballet's La Fille Mal Gardée.

Seriously, everytime I watch this video I end up with a wide smile of pleasure on my face, this ballet being so well danced, so funny, in perfect taste and with good picture and sound (colours a bit too bright ?).