This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I asked the Royal Opera Hose Shop why there were no Royal Ballet Giselle's available ...

and they replied "GISELLE with Alina Cojocaru & Johan Kobburg is due for release this Spring - keep an eye on the website for pre-order options!"

Should be great ... but what the all the great ones they's got tucked away in the archives?

Should be great ... but what the all the great ones they's got tucked away in the archives?
A shame. But it makes sense that the RB would want to use dancers who are still performing. A Cojocaru-Kobborg video is more likely to sell tickets to new viewers than a Sibley-Dowell.
But it makes sense that the RB would want to use dancers who are still performing. A Cojocaru-Kobborg video is more likely to sell tickets to new viewers than a Sibley-Dowell.

I don't disagree - but they could do both. Even a small pressing of a Sibley-Dowell performance would sell well - and I'm sure there was a 1990's televised performance (? Bussell ? Durante ... but I may have imagined that!), that would also be a DVD success story.