This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wendy Whelan in Pointe Mag's Feb/Mar issue

Well, yes...Wendy is far more classy but don't you see something of Madonna in her "Vogue" phase in this picture?  Ladies with an attitude...

From what I see and read of her, she's too classy to need an attitude. :) As for the Pointe magazine photo, I'm glad some people like it, but I don't think it flatters her, or would flatter a good many of the likewise attractive company dancers. A ripply gown like that needs a curvaceous body. In my humble opinion, that is.

I don't think [the gown] flatters her . . . .  A ripply gown like that needs a curvaceous body. In my humble opinion, that is.

I'm right there with you on that. I thought it cried out to have a big-B Body in it. Two elements that combined, are far less than the sum of their parts.

I thought so too. Whelen ended up looking very angular. Surely there was another dress that would make the most of her fine points. (she does have an air of elegance, etc.)

Richard