This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Irina Chistyakova

Solor

Pardon my spelling, hopefully you know who Im talking about......

For those who participated in the disscussion of Veronika Ivanova, what about Irina Chistyakova (Last Name spelling?) I have seen her as well in many films (For those who dont know, she dances the waltz variation in the Trio of Odalisques in the Kirov film of "Le Corsaire"). I dont see her on the Kirov list of dancers though (she may have retired). Whats with her? I love her in many of the variations I have of her on film - she can do 3 pirrouettes and end the variation in susu 5th, and not budge......."queen of variations"! Wonderful, solid technique. Very "VAGANOVA"!

Like Ivanova, she is the kind of dancer, I think, that never made premiere either - whats up with her these days???

She's retired now I believe, but I agree she was one fantastic dancer. Oddly I tend to have the fondest memories of Kirov dancers that didn't get to be principals and the same goes with those dancing today.

HI, i just saw her yesterday, she looked terrific (and today I had a shock when I learnt her age ;-)) wow).

She was walking with Ul'ana Lopatkina back to the hotel after Ul'yana's Le Bayadere at Kennedy, Washington DC. Dumbly, I asked her name, and Ul'ana said that SHE's her teacher/coach and a great dancer ;-))

Surprisingly, I couldn't find her name on the Mariinsky web, but she WAS listed as a coach in the brochures. PS: off topic, Ul'ana was marvelous as Nikia.