This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SPACtacular 4th

Saratoga Springs welcomed our company back last night with a bang!

Many company members took time from their moving-in (thank you all!) to participate in our community Fourth of July celebration--riding down Broadway in carriages to our beautiful city park where there were welcoming remarks from our mayor, SPAC officials and Peter Martins, and then our sensational fireworks display.

SPAC is back! Last night ushered in a new era with an executive director who is warm, accesible and seems truly thrilled with her job, a new board of directors who seem to be interested in furthering the goals of SPAC rather than furthering personal agendas, and a spirit of appreciation and a willingness to work together with us from everyone at NYCB.

What has happened here is monumental and I am grateful to have been a part of it. The excitement here over opening night is something that I have not seen for many years. Tonight the perfect SPAC Midsummer Dream--and then more fireworks. Stay tuned.

Rkoretzky, thanks for your entry on the July 4 festivities. Sounds very home-town, familiar. How lovely! (And I love your headline. :rofl:)

Wow! I hope this space's inactivity of the past week doesn't reflect what's happening at SPAC! How is attendance? The dancers looking good? Please, can someone lend Rkoretzky a hand? Just a word or two on highlights? :)

:blink:

All of T.Reichlen's fans would have been stunned to see Gwyneth

Mueller replace Reichlen in an afternoon performance of Midsummer!

She pulled it off even better with more pizzaz and 12 perfect foutees.

On the other hand Kyra Nichols, replacing Darci Kistler was a huge

mistake. She has had her day, there are SO many to take her place.

Politely put, it's time to do a Soto, maybe overtime.

Edited by Helene