This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Alessandra Ferri

silvy

Ferri is a dancer I love - I was fortunate enough to see her dancing Juliet at the Colon Theatre in Buenos Aires (with Maximiliano Guerra as Romeo), and she was divine - for lack of a better word. I also saw her Giselle with Bocca as Albretch with ABT.

But I have never saw her doing her anything classical- anything in a short tutu, like Sleeping Beauty, or Swan Lake. Does she dance these roles, or is she mainy dedicated to the "lyrical" repertoire?

I am most curious!!!!!!

Silvy

Silvy,

Ferri has danced in one classical role that I know of: Nikiya in LA BAYADERE opposite Julio Bocca. If I'm wrong about this, please someone chime in, but Ferri isn't known as a strong classical dancer. To my knowledge she has never danced SWAN LAKE, SLEEPING BEAUTY, RAYMONDA because she doesn't have the formidable technique required for these ballets. She excels in dramatic roles like MacMillan's Juliet and Manon.

I also saw her Giselle in 1998!! At the Met - but I do not remember her changing the hops part, though.

In the video with La Scala ballet she does the hops, on her right foot, and she does not travel much- but she manages OK, I would say.

Aurora would be a different story: what about her balances (Rose Adagio), and pirouettes (1st act variation)?

Alessandra Ferri danced a few performances in 2004 as Blanche in John Neumeiers 'Endstation Sehnsucht' (A streetcar named desire) in Stuttgart. It's a modern story ballet. She was amazing, she lived the role.

There are some new pictures of Alessandra and Roberto Bolle on Robertos Homepage.