Jump to content
mnacenani

"Manon" Osipova-Shklyarov "Friday the 13th" April

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gnossie said:

My Prima at the RB is Miss Cuthbertson and the de facto Prima is Núñez

That's as may be, but guess who pulls in the punters?

Share this post


Link to post

Do I care about the punters? No, I couldn't care less.

My entire ballet going life has been about disliking -not on purpose-   the dancers that everyone seems to be crazy for. I repeat: not on purpose. 

Share this post


Link to post

I've flown in and out of Moscow from a number of cities, including Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Warsaw and Minsk. Those flights are pretty much like any other flights within Europe. But the British Airways flight from London to Moscow is a surreal experience, because I swear that two-thirds of the plane is taken up by first- and business-class seats, and coach is a small area at the rear of the plane. That's an indicator of precisely what sort of Russian "punters" travel to and from London on a regular basis, and I reckon Osipova is quite effective at attracting them to the ROH. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gnossie said:

My Prima at the RB is Miss Cuthbertson and the de facto Prima is Núñez, not Osipova. 

Yes, yes and yes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, volcanohunter said:

the British Airways flight from London to Moscow is a surreal experience,

Suggest you always wear gloves and don't eat or drink anything while on board, as some of the seats might be contaminated with "полоний-210" or "новичок" !!  :speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

Edited by mnacenani

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mashinka said:

That's as may be, but guess who pulls in the punters?

Sure thing ! As I said before, I'm not going to endure a 4-hour flight and the unbearable 1+ hour queue at Heathrow for anyone else. I wish Natasha would come to her senses and go back to Russia - she'll get real competition there, would really keep her on her toes ! :P

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mnacenani said:

Sure thing ! As I said before, I'm not going to endure a 4-hour flight and the unbearable 1+ hour queue at Heathrow for anyone else. I wish Natasha would come to her senses and go back to Russia - she'll get real competition there, would really keep her on her toes ! :P

She has competition in London.  Francesca Hayward completely out danced her in Rhapsody, more to do with shortcomings in Russian training than anything lacking in Ms Osipova's abilities, but it is telling that she finds Ashton's choreography problematic.  I agree with other posters that recent developments at the Bolshoi are worrying, if the company does come to London next year, I won't be booking blind for anything, there are very few female dancers in the company I would want to watch.  My days of regular trips to Moscow are long, long gone and there's little to tempt me over to Paris any more, though that's more to do with repertoire.  With a line up of Hayward, Lamb, Naghdi Nunez and Osipova, I just don't see the need to travel to see ballet any more.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mashinka said:

She has competition in London.  Francesca Hayward completely out danced her in Rhapsody, more to do with shortcomings in Russian training than anything lacking in Ms Osipova's abilities, but it is telling that she finds Ashton's choreography problematic.  I agree with other posters that recent developments at the Bolshoi are worrying, if the company does come to London next year, I won't be booking blind for anything, there are very few female dancers in the company I would want to watch.  My days of regular trips to Moscow are long, long gone and there's little to tempt me over to Paris any more, though that's more to do with repertoire.  With a line up of Hayward, Lamb, Naghdi Nunez and Osipova, I just don't see the need to travel to see ballet any more.

 

 

 

I respect your personal likes. I am only interested in Russian classical repertory, Petipa, Lavrovsky, Yakabson, Burmeister, Grigarovich. I like seeing the very best of what I like and am not interested in seeing anything different or new (same thing for food : whether in Istanbul or in Moscow I always go to the same restaurant/s and usually order the same dish/es  :yahoo::yahoo:)

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2018 at 9:14 AM, mnacenani said:

Suggest you always wear gloves and don't eat or drink anything while on board, as some of the seats might be contaminated with "полоний-210" or "новичок" !!  :speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

Of fly Aeroflot instead. Russians won't spill the nasty stuff on their national carrier.

Share this post


Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×