This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New arrival to South Florida

pbl

Hi Everyone-

I just moved to South Florida, and I was wondering if people who are familiar with MCB could recommend, if I can only get to one performance of SL, which principal dancer to see in the O/O role. Is the casting made public so that we can book tickets to (try to) see particular dancers?

Also, if I only have time to see 2 to 3 performances, which ones would you recommend, and why?

General thoughts on favorite dancers appreciated, especially with descriptions of their style and strengths. Looking forward to getting to know MCB.

Best, Paris.

Patricia Delgado and Renan Cerdeiro dancing together always gives me goosebumps. They are brilliant. I saw them in Romeo and Juliet last year and they were divine. Patricia is a goddess. I do wish MCB would post their casting a week or two before each performance. Although all I would go see would be Patricia...

Her being Justin Peck's girlfriend, I expect her to be well featured in the Year of the Rabbit that the company is debuting this year. I am hoping to go see it.

The MCB repertoire remains quite small compared to other big companies. I've seen the Nutcracker and Romeo and Juliet last year and both were very nice. I saw Swan Lake this year as I had never seen the Balanchine version before, and while it was nice ( I got to see Simone Messmer), I was just disappointed at how short it was. I am hoping that one day they will be able to do a full length one. But that's my personal taste I guess. I want more SL, but I know people do enjoy the Balanchine's shortened version.