This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2014-2015 Season

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

The NYCB homepage says that subscriptions for 2014-2015 will go on sale starting Wed, May 7.  No info posted about the rep yet.

#2 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

The NYCB homepage says that subscriptions for 2014-2015 will go on sale starting Wed, May 7.  No info posted about the rep yet.

Puzzling. I got an e-newsletter from them (as I'm sure others did, too) on Thursday, May 1, with links to "hold the date." That page said subscriptions would go on sale on Tuesday, May 6. (I'm positive about that, as I jotted it down on my calendar.) Now when I click that link, it says "We're sorry. Something has gone wrong." Some sort of last-minute changes, perhaps? I'm also quite certain that in 2013, they posted the schedule for the next year on May 1 (again, I wrote that down on my calendar...).  I'm eager to see the schedule, so I can make plans for visiting NYC!

Let me add: That earlier "hold the date" site said that single tickets would go on sale Monday, August 11 at 11 am EDT. I haven't seen anything to change that yet.

Another addition: Now the "hold the date" page is back, with the same dates as before. I don't know if this will be limited to Friends/subscribers, or if it just hasn't been updated to match the public cover page:

2014-15 SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS ON SALE

Tuesday, May 6 at 11 AM

Keep an eye out in your mailbox and inbox for forthcoming communications about 2014-15 Season Subscriptions.
Don't miss your chance to secure the best seats and save.

Edited by California, 05 May 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#3 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

If you go to the calendar and click ahead to September 2014, they have started feeding in repertory. Looks like a year-long theme based on the nationality of various composers: Hear the dance: Russia, Italy, Germany, France. Also, Wheeldon's "This Bitter Earth" opening the season in September. I'm pleased to see a Denmark program with Stanley William's La Sylphide + Bournonville Divertissements next spring: 

http://www.nycballet...dar.aspx#family

#4 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

I think they must read this board, because I couldn't see any program info when I clicked into Sept or Oct. Maybe they deleted it to increase the "surprise" factor.  But I like your detective work!

Are there any full length works scheduled (Swan Lake, SB, R&J)

#5 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think they must read this board, because I couldn't see any program info when I clicked into Sept or Oct. Maybe they deleted it to increase the "surprise" factor.  But I like your detective work!

Are there any full length works scheduled (Swan Lake, SB, R&J)

I was afraid that might happen if I posted! So I'm doing this from memory: R&J and Midsummer Night's Dream in 2015. It does appear they will have several new works by several choreographers, but I didn't jot that down. I'm most excited about the Bournonville: May 12, 16, 17, 23, 24. I had already put that on my own calendar!

#6 DanielBenton

DanielBenton

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

I think the whole schedule is now on the website calendar

#7 DanielBenton

DanielBenton

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

OK, it was up and now it is gone again!

#8 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

It's a game of hide and seek.  I was able to see enough info on the calendar to see that a new Ratmansky work will debut at NYCB in the Fall of 2014. 

#9 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

And this just in   from the NY Times:

http://artsbeat.blog...nsky/?ref=dance#

Has anyone seen Martins' Sylphide?

#10 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

Er, no, but I saw him as James with the RDB in Chicago sometime in the late 70's.

#11 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

At least it's being programmed with William's Bournonville Divertissements, which is wonderful. I don't know how long it's been since it was performed or who will stage it for them.

http://www.nycballet...tissements.aspx

#12 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

The Goldberg Variations and Concerto Barocco in one evening would be too much Bach for me. Then again, I enjoy all-Stravinsky programs. I wonder if they'll make a special effort to advertise this program to baroque music lovers.

#13 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

I thought Ratmansky was forbidden from working for NYCB once he signed on at ABT.  Glad to see that there is detente regarding this issue.  (Ratmansky's best work is at NYCB, not ABT, in my opinion.) 

#14 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

It looks like prices have gone up, at least in certain sections.  Cheapest subscription price used to be $26 per ticket; now it's $28 per ticket.  I think the next cheapest level used to be $51 per subscription ticket, and it is now $53 per ticket.

I think the highest subscription ticket price used to be $130 and it is now $139.

#15 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

Wasn't it on television a few years ago -- in a Dance in America program I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):